Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One down and using the other...

Well, yesterday proved to be interesting... a lady, who responded to the ad I placed in the for sale section of CL called and wanted to see the computer that I had listed.  She, Rita, and her daughter rode over to the house on bicycles and I invited them in and then showed them the computer.  Rita was quite taken by it and it's 'Applesque' ease of use and elegance.  
Having been a PC (as in Microsoft based PC) user, she hadn't realized how simple and easy it is to do so many things on the iMac.
Long story short, she fell in love, went home to gather money and family and vehicle and returned at 8pm to purchase her electronic lover.  I left some software on the computer that I had obtained from the web and other personal stuff went by the wayside.
She's emailed me a couple of times with comments of adorement and a few questions... I told her as she left my Tent that I didn't want to be her constant link of information and told her that there is ample information on the capabilities and tip and tricks for the iMac and any other computer for that matter.
As with our young, she also needs to be weaned from my personal knowledge base.  She knows it works so unless there is a failure, I don't expect to be at her beck and call... as with all used things what you see, is what you get and she got a phenomenal deal on my iMac.
Leann, kudos on the new sight... it all takes time and imagination... I know you don't have to much of the first, but the latter should be in abundance.
BTW, if you want, you can link to •Twisted Limb•, it's your choice...
Oh ya, Omar sent me a quick note asking for bus fare to get back... Hmmmm perhaps I should withhold it??
Cathy, thanks.

No comments: