Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday 'Blackberry festival' Really???

Well, hmmmm.  I got up to the so-called 'Blackberry festival' around 10:30 or so, first thing out of the box a biker dude (whom I do not know) invited me to park my scooter in the shade... next off, he gives me $5 bucks and tells me that the festival is buying lunch for all the ''Road Maggots", (of which I have no affiliation).  After walking around and being inundated with christian music (which I happen to enjoy if I am at a Christian music event).
There were many arts and crafts types there and it seemed pretty well organized with the distinction being that the bikers all stayed outside of the festival confines as they seemed to have a propensity for alcohol and that, my friends, was not allowed on the grounds.
I felt a little uneasy, parking my scooter in amongst the 'Road Maggots' so I decided to feign a phone call and politely excused myself and got the scooter started and left.  I won't bother going again if they have it next year but I did need to at least see what it offered.
Got home and then decided to wash the harley as it had quite an accumulation of both road dust and bugs on it... now it sits in the garage next to the camel stalls and glistens... I like that word.  Reminds me of the Craigslist women ads that call themselves 'shiny'.   Always wondered what a shiny woman looks like.
Anyway, she's gonna be a scorcher today so take care and of course, stay cool. 
Ciào !!

4 comments:

Leann said...

It's good to hear your arm is mended enough you can take the scooter out. Alcohol and scooters = trouble. Has not been too long ago we had one in the ER and he was one messed up dude. And they get so offended when the cops show up to ticket them. Go figure.

Leann said...

Congrats on the sale of your computer!!

Where did Omar go that he needs to get back? Perhaps off to the Sahara to check out the cemetary they found in search of long lost ancestors?

denny said...

Thanks Leann, it felt good although too hot for my liking but the ride went well. I had a couple beers over an hour and a half so wasn't inebriated. The ride home was uneventful and actually not even that far. But, you are correct alcohol doth tend to bend the senses to the point of impairing sound decision making and when on a scooter, ya don't get second chances.

denny said...

Again, thanks Leann for posting my ad, It always helps to cover the bases.

Omar was actually a little elusive when I asked where he'd been, I did manage to glean this little tidbit though... He told me that he never knew what a 'Lap Dance' was before and what's even funnier is I've never seen an Arab blush before.