Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

There's "Ralph" and then there's 'Ralphy'

Ralphy is my Golden Retriever (notice how much greyer he's gotten), Ralph however, is my friend, aptly depicted on the front of an old steam locomotive... He is, much like the old steam engine, on a one way track thru life with few deviations... he is a bullheaded old guy and as stubborn as a Missouri mule.  That said, he is also my friend. 
 
In the course of living life, we meet many people, if we are very fortunate, we call a few of them "friend".  It is a term that I do not freely give out so to be called 'friend' by me is indeed a distinction shared by few.
Ralph's honesty, when he's not stretching the truth to it's limits is genuine.  He, like so many others, fill the holes in his life with embellishments to make it all seem more than it really is.  I cannot fault them for that.  I've done it myself from time to time.
I posted the picture basically because I think it truly depicts his personality and the caption captures his attitude.  When you are past 70, you've earned the right to have a little (attitude that is).
Beautiful day today, Ralphy and I walked for about a half hour and he was ready to relax and nap after that.
Leann, I've checked your blog since Friday and it seems readily apparent that the 4 hours sleep stretches are taking their toll on you.  Don't worry too much about the blog, it'll get there in time and maybe someday I can or somebody can help you get the kind you want...
For those of you I sent pictures, I hope you enjoyed viewing them as much as I enjoyed looking at them in real time... twas a most beautiful afternoon.
May our God bless each of you and may he bring to your mind the peace and love that is truly yours to enjoy.

No comments: