Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Wet and Wild" sounds like a beach party but is just another Oregon day...

Tis raining or more truthfully, pouring down at the moment.  As seems to be the norm, the weather bureau had it a day earlier in the forecast and a day late in the occurrence of the actual event.  The lawns will appreciate it though.
Today I've given Omar the day off as I want to get some quality cleaning done, the sand permeates everything it seems so I must vacuum and dust and clean and otherwise hone my waning domestic abilities.
The wine cellar is damp and dark and at the moment a swimming pool for unopened bottles and other items of litter.  It all is good though... would be better if I could remember which area the drain is located... Omar cannot swim, but he doesn't float well either.  Some genetic disorder I believe.
I managed to locate a roll of elderly duct tape and managed to tape some of the smaller holes in the tent thus preserving some of the dry areas that are left.
A good day to not be outside all in all.  Hope you all are having a good day... warmer weather is once again on the way.
Tomorrow a lovely guest arrives to test my culinary skills... I hope, that she brings some with her as I've yet to get mine in order...  It will be a sweet time though as we shall attempt to make cookies and see how my new mixer works.  It does run and it does fluff air but will it produce usable batter??? Stay tuned for the exciting climax to this weeks events.

1 comment:

Leann said...

The culinary skills are a bit rusty. I'm positive between the two of us we can produce something half edible :-)