Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cool and quiet... Wednesday sneaks in.

Coffee at McDonalds a shade later this morning, after which, I stopped at Julie’s to get Ralph. Talked to her a bit and evidently the job at Wal★mart is part time so she will still be subbing. Back home now, made some hot chocolate and gave Ralphy one of the bones I got for him and he doesn’t seem all that interested in it, at least for now. I examined his teeth, he has some that have developed a grayish color and that tends to make me believe that they are likely dying or decayed... He is, after all, quite elderly so it’s not too surprising... His eyes are still bright and his personality is still very pleasant. As will all who age, he isn’t quite as peppy as he was a few years ago.
I must tell you, the purveyors of this blog that I had a revelation today... in a conversation with Omar, I was referred to as an 'Infidel' by him.  I took a moment and looked up the meaning of 'Infidel' and found the following definition: 
1. Offensive. An unbeliever with respect to a particular religion, especially Christianity or Islam. 2. One who has no religious beliefs. 3. One who doubts or rejects a particular doctrine, system, or principle.
I then asked Omar which one he thought I qualified as.  He was deep in thought for several moments then looked at me and shook his finger and said: "You cannot be whom you seek as qualities do not exist in you to permit it."  
I shook my head and chuckled a bit at that comment.  My response to him was "So being a practicing Christian doesn't exempt me from this 'Infidel' label"???.  Blank stare, glazed eyes and Islamic mumbling followed.  
I decided to hide his prayer rug... we will see where that leads, being an 'Infidel', gives me great latitude in making his life miserable.  The saga continues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the picture that you put on your blog. It looks really peaceful. The weather here is cooler. It was only ion the eighties today and in the low sixties in the mornings. You didn't answer in question that I asked you a couple of days ago. Are you avoiding me? Just teasing.