Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Seriously??? I am once again a kid...

Coffee at McDonalds and a few of the folks went out to scope out the Mini. I can honestly say that this little car is so well appointed that it just takes me aback. I know that the European and German Auto mfgrs along with the high end Japanese, put much more thought and convenience in their cars than American manufactures do. Driving the car is a joy, but don’t confuse it with a luxury ride... that is something it ain’t. It is surprisingly quiet for a car it’s size and it handles like a slot car. The inside room is very deceptive as standing at the outside of the car you would never ever imagine the room inside. Everything has been thought regarding not only safety, but also driver experience. And many of you have seen the Mazda ads that to “Zoom Zoom”, this car puts them to shame. When you stay out of the SuperCharger, the mileage hovers around 32 -35 mpg. When you jump on it, that goes south quick... On the freeway coming back from Portland, with the cruise control on it stayed right around 34mpg and that’s at 70mph. Need to pass??? put your foot down and watch people’s eyes pop open... amazing power. The little car is amazingly quiet inside too, it is, after all, a sports car and designed for road racing... Not that I will be doing TOO much of that. Anyway, nice toy, gonna sell the Hog so that is where my life stands right at the moment. When I got home this morning, I washed it (What??? you thought I wouldn’t???).
Oh, Leann, this Mini S has the 'John Cooper Works' package so it may not be quite the same as the one you saw... there aren't many like this one. Omar... poor boy. Says he prefers the Camel.

No comments: