Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

WTH??? October already ?? !!!

Coffee at McDonalds then back home and made some hot chocolate. Well today is the time of bill paying. Got everything taken care of and am current with everything. Weather seems a little off today, cloudy and cooler but then there is a cold front headed inland this afternoon and rain is predicted for tomorrow. I have a date with Melissa this afternoon, we are supposed to head out to Waterloo park for an afternoon picnic with some KFC or Roths chicken for lunch.
Wow, I just got to thinking how in the hell did October manage to get here so quickly ??  I can't believe that we will soon be preparing for 'Thanksgiving' and then heaven forbid, 'Christmas' will be here signaling then end of yet another year.
I was telling Omar about christmas and of course, as a devout muslim he had no concept of what it was... I told him that if he were good he would get a present from 'Santa'.  The word 'Santa' must have a bad equivalent meaning in Arabic because he immediately put his hand on his scimitar and mumbled something that had an ominous sound to it.
Harvesting worms and deciphering Arabic pose equally difficult challenges so I decided to just let it go...

3 comments:

Leann said...

Have a wonderful time on your picnic with Melissa!!

Harvesting worms?

Anonymous said...

Since you have missed me making a comment on your blog i decided to let you know that I do read it every day. It is one of the first things that I do when I get home.

I am glad to her that you and Melissa had a chance to have a picnic. I hope you guys had a great time.

denny said...

Thank you ladies, we did have a good time, it seems that there is always something she has to do that drags her away... at least it appears that way.

Oh well, I am happy that at least she wants to spend time with me.