Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gout anyone?? I truly believe that is what is attacking my right foot.

Last night proved to be miserable.  I couldn't get my right foot in any position that didn't prove to be painful.  Though the pain is across the top of the foot, if you apply pressure to the joint closest to the ball of your foot it is very tender and at this time sore.
From what I know about it, gout is caused by a buildup of uric acid in the joint and can be brought on by things in your diet, alcohol seems to be a major contributor but then probably other things as well...
Does anyone know what they test to determine if gout is the ailment... it is the urine or is it a blood test??  I will ask Gareth, and see how they determined that in his case.
As I was hobbling to leave the house for coffee this morning, I passed the main bathroom and heard some suspicious splashing sounds... I opened the door and peered in and there, in a brimming pool of water, sat Omar with this big grin on his face... I asked him just what he thought he was doing and he replied "I'm taking a 'local' cruise".  I almost fell over.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Oh Dennis, I am so sorry to hear the foot is bothering you again. I'm not sure how they diagnose it, but I do know there are pills that can be taken and I've also read that a particular fruit, of which I have forgotten, can make it feel much better. I will do some research.

I just about peed my pants I was laughing so hard when I read of the Omar adventure today...lol....too funny!! What will he think of next?!