Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

It broke... really it did !!

About 9:45 last night, just as a show I was watching on the big screen was hitting the apex of excitement... I hear a loud 'Pop' and the screen goes totally black... I watch the led's on the front and they blink in an interesting pattern... I get the book out and discover that this particularly intriguing pattern of blinking means that the projector bulb has imploded and will require replacement... Freaking wonderful I think.  Omar seemed to get some perverse pleasure out of this...
I look around on the internet, fully expecting to pay the price I saw shortly after buying the Toshiba... in excess of $350 for a bulb... as my tummy rolled and my wallet groaned, I happened to find a place called 'Advance Lamps'... they carry the bulb and for a remarkably low price of $132 and $13 shipping.  After looking around for other places and maybe lower prices I settle on this one and order the blasted thing.  It will ship out Monday, coming via pony or perhaps camel express.  Hopefully I will have it by next weekend.
In the mean time, I take the other Toshiba, this one a 20" LCD that I had in the bedroom and put it into service in the living room... Omar states that he maybe needs a magnifying glass... a quick and well aimed boot in his arse changes his tune.
Overcast today but not too bad... I will try to watch the Beav/Duck game if it's on but other than that, nothing special planned.

No comments: