Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Busy busy day, 19 today and 21 tomorrow... whew !!!

I was up early this morning, a little before 5:30am.  I wanted to get the stew started and needed to brown off the stew meat and chop the veggies and assemble it all in the crock pot, add the beef broth and stew seasoning packet.
After returning from a busy delivery schedule, as I entered the tent, the aroma of cooking onion permeated the air but by mid afternoon it just smelled like good stew.
Del came over a shade past 1pm and we chatted a bit and I had him read some articles and voice his opinion.  Sometimes an outside source can see things that you yourself are blind to.
Things at Meals on Wheels seem to really be picking up, I have the second largest route today and will have the largest one tomorrow and for the foreseeable future.  They will have to recruit more drivers if this keeps up.
Had a great lunch with Candi yesterday afternoon.  She is seeing a guy but I think the bum is going to be history pretty soon.
Leann has been very busy what with the preparation for the holiday seasons.  Cathy is just about to Jump ship... literally.

2 comments:

Leann said...

Dennis ~ My holiday plans have fallen thru, so if you would like to get together with me and we could go to Christmas dinner somewhere that would be wonderful. The kids only have one day off for the holidays so won't be going up there or them coming here I don't believe. We could go to dinner, rent a movie, hang out, whatever, just let me know what works for you. I work until 8:30am on Christmas morning and then am off until the evening of the 26th. How did the stew turn out??

denny said...

I sent you an email about Christmas and the stew was different... for the first time I actually got one to make gravy but the odd taste I think is the beef broth I used... it was the Western Family brand and I didn't taste it before adding it... that is all the liquid the stew used, no water at all...