Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Chilly day and much to do...

Well coffee was good and a lively crew also.  Left about 8:30 to go to the Senior center to prepare for the days meal deliveries.  21 clients again today but we had sandwiches and soup and frozen meals so it was quite a chore... tomorrow will be nicer.
Went to WalMart after deliveries and got gift cards and Christmas cards to send out... then I stopped at the little auxiliary post office and sat down and addressed all of them and bought stamps and mailed them.
I've decided that I am going to print out mailing labels from now on because I really don't care to hand address envelopes anymore.  I also am going to buy a box of cards and that way I don't spend an hour while inundated by literally thousands (it seems) of card choices.  Plus it will be more affordable.
Not that I am being cheap, but my money doesn't go any further than yours does so conservation is a requirement.
Leann, Cathy is on the boat probably by now... hope she has a good time, by the way got your card and thus your mailing address... keep an eye on the mailbox. 

1 comment:

Leann said...

Wow, that was fast!! Go United Postal Service!

The log cabin sounds charming and I hope that dream comes true for you.

I envy Cathy going to warmth..I think everyone should be able to take a vacation around January to leave the cold for a bit, it would make the remainder of the season much more bearable. Just sayin' :-)

I always buy boxed cards...is much too expensive to purchase individual cards for everyone, and as you said, way too many choices. I could spend literally hours looking at cards.

Hope you had an awesome day and stayed warm while you were out.