Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Truly, what DO Weathermen actually know???

I'm amazed at times by the forecasts that are put forth by those working for the weather bureau... Oft I wonder, do they work in really dark little rooms with absolutely no connection to the outside world... staring intently at a green hued monitor trying to decipher the displayed statistics and later convert that information into something understandable by the rest of us???
It truly challenges my imagination when I hear them say things like 10% chance of rain today and I am standing at my front window and staring into a virtual downpour of rain... Works the same with sunshine predictions too.
If they would just use a coin toss to predict the weather, the odds of them being right would improve dramatically.
Yesterday they said that we would have beautiful weather the remainder of the week... overnight, weather armageddon struck and they predicted that we would have nothing but solid fog for the next 6 days... I am looking out my window at some beautiful blue sky... Go figure.
Leann, where are you hiding??

1 comment:

Leann said...

Hey Dennis ~ I believe predicting what the weather will do has to be one of the hardest jobs there is.

I always take it with a grain of salt and wait to see what the day will bring.

Admittedly it makes it difficult to prepare for. Perhaps carrying every implement available in one's car? LOL