Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mini madness and fun in the rain

As normal, whenever I have something to do first thing in the morning, I wake up early then can’t seem to get back to sleep. I am sure a lot of us are like that...
Anyhow, woke up the first time at 3:45 and just dozed on and off till about 5:30 then got a shower and dressed and headed to McDonald's . Had an sausage egg biscuit and a glass of orange juice and then hit the road. Made the trip up in the rain of course and got to Rasmussen at 7:30. Typical traffic but we managed well. Got checked in and hung out for about an hour or so then had them drop me at the Pioneer Square mall. About 11:15 they called and said the Mini was done and no oil leak at the rear main so that saved a bunch of time... I purchased a “Mobility” kit which incudes a jug of tire sealant and an air compressor and a slew of other stuff ya might need if a flat tire comes your way... My car cannot carry a spare unless it’s inside so figured I better have something to help me if I got a flat... The kit cost me $149 but a wheel and tire (as a spare) would probably be over $350 so I figure I am ahead of the game by about $150 and I can use the compressor on rafts and inner tubes etc. Got home (after a quick Taco time stop) at about 1:45. Rained all the way... Ya gotta love the valley...

1 comment:

Leann said...

It's good to hear you had a safe trip up to Portland and back.

I so dislike driving in the rain, especially the constant rain. It makes for an unpleasant drive.

Good news on the oil leak. The less work the better.