Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A gray Wednesday...

Up a little after 6 AM this morning then down to McDonald’s for coffee. I left McDonald’s at about 9 AM. I had a bowl of Cheerios for breakfast and am now enjoying some hot chocolate. Scott, from Miller appraising, just called to tell me that he’s running about 15 minutes late. My friend Del and the gentleman from Arkansas had a discussion this morning at McDonald’s about the pros and cons of living alone as one gets older. I find it disenchanting that there is no way that is simple and convenient for the elderly to inform people when they’ve had an accident where they’re hurt without the involvement of the phone company. I don’t understand why we can’t use the technology that is already available and utilize the power lines that come into our home as a communications medium whereas an elderly person couldn’t wear a notification fob that they can activate and would send the message out over the power lines to a monitoring service that could work in conjunction with the power company. My theory is that 99% of the homes or perhaps even a greater percentage have power but many homes no longer use a landline but rather use a cellular phone. To my knowledge the monitoring companies that now use lifeline do not in fact work with a cell phone. And now, those are my musings for the day. Do enjoy your time on this earth.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Ya know, you do make a very good argument Dennis. It is sad that the only technology relies on a landline instead of modern day technology.