Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

A beautiful new day with lots of garage sales...

I woke up at 6:15 AM cut up, got dressed and drove over to pick up Ralph for coffee. I didn’t say anything to anyone about his accident I figured it was up to him to let people know if he wanted to. We left McDonald’s a little after 8 AM and drove down to the Elks club where they were having a Saturday market. I bought a bag of peanut butter cookies and Ralph bought some DVD movies to watch. From there it took him back home and dropped him off. On the way home I stopped at Safeway to get fuel for the Toyota, but discovered I did not have my wallet. So off to the house to locate a missing wallet it was in my pair of shorts that I wore yesterday I had forgotten to take it out. On my way back down to Safeway to get fuel, I stopped at Cecil’s and spoke with Margaret, she told me that he is getting a lot worse and believes that Alzheimer’s is setting in. They have a doctor’s appointment next week. She will not deal with take care of him so I expect he will be put into a home probably within the next year if he lives that long. He’s 90 years old now. I drove out to Wal-Mart to see if they had some VF-11 fertilizer, and they didn’t so I drove out to the nursery on the highway and they can no longer get it, so I got the next best thing which is actually granular and is only applied once a month and not over the winter months. I’m thinking about going to Brownsville to the flea market, but it will be about an hour or so before I leave. Leann, you asked me how old Ralphie’s he is 71 and he is very contentious and cantankerous. He was up in banks to visit his daughter yesterday and ended up running as car into a ditch and totaling it out. He wasn’t hurt except perhaps for his pride. It truly makes me wonder if he is roadworthy at his age and physical condition. But to lose his mobility would most likely shorten his life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't believe that his age is the problem with his driving. He may need a refresher course, or he may have just been having a bad day.

It situations continue like that, then perhaps he should surrender his license. Otherwise, you are more than likely right that not having that kind of mobility would shorten his life. Glad he was not hurt.

L

Leann said...

The loss of independence has a very detrimental affect on the elderly. It is the one thing they refuse to give up until they either realize the danger they and others are in, or it is forced upon them. I hope Lolli's correct and it is not his age, but rather his skill level is deteriorating and he just needs a refresher course.