Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Not quite so hot today, thank God!

I was up around 6 AM it’s morning went down to McDonald’s for coffee and Ralph came in about 10 minutes later. We sat around told a few stories and about 8:39 AM I left as I needed to stop and cash in Ralph’s gold for folding money. It’s easier for me to carry that way. I got my deliveries done post haste and then headed over to Albany after making a quick trip to the house to get what I thought was my birth certificate. Went to the Albany post office and filled out the forms for a passport had my picture taken and then the gentleman told me that what I had was a hospital certificate of birth and that is not the same as a birth certificate issued by the state (something to do with money generation I believe) so at least I did get the pictures taken for 15 smackers. From there I went to the hospital and checked in and they were able to get me in earlier than my 3:15pm appointment so I had to take my little pill right away. Of course they don’t have the open MRI so I got to crawl down the tube but accompanied by lousy jazz music played way too loud and a machine that sounded like it was trying to come through and get me I managed. They said the pictures came out well so hopefully that will give my doctor the information he needs to move us forward in the saga of the neck.
Stopped at Arby’s for lunch then back home. Life is interesting now I have to order a copy of my birth certificate from the state of Oregon to the tune of $52.50 of course that does include FedEx shipping amazing how much more official documents cost. Pardon my French but I think they’re bloodsucking bastards. So tomorrow I will fax the form to them and then I should have my state blessed birth certificate within three days. This passport has cost me about $170 I better use it huh? Anyway that’s the down and dirty of today have a lovely.

1 comment:

Leann said...

It sounds like you had a busy day. I hope the MRI does give the Dr what he needs to take care of the problem in one way or another.

The State will get it's money one way or another. It's sucks that a birth certificate that you HAVE to have cost so much.

I am thankful for the cooler days, even if by a few degrees. It sure has made my house much more comfortable.

I want to thank you for the offer of a place to stay out of the heat Dennis, and should the temps again wander up the charts...I'll SO be there. I am truly blessed to have you as a friend.