Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Well today is officially my day off from delivering meals and another hot one

I get up about 6 AM this morning and got ready to go to McDonald’s for coffee and I got a call from Ralph, he said his hip was hurting him so I offered to go over and pick him up. After picking him up we went to McDonald’s and had coffee. He was ready to go again before 8 AM so I took him back home and told him that I would pick him up this afternoon at about 4:30 PM. One often doesn’t realize how inconvenient it is for people not to have a car. I can only imagine what it’s like on the other side having to ask people to take you places. Mobility, is one of the things that the elderly value the most and wants mobility has been removed from their environment they lose a lot of their incentives to socialize and get out and do things which typically results in a loss of the will to live life to its fullest. I have a friend, her name is Leann. It seems to me that she is going through some periods in her life that are causing her problems. I would like her to know that regardless of what transpires in her life where would battle she may be fighting I am still her friend. She is a good woman but she has definitely had some trials in her life. There are many people in that same boat and my compassion reaches to each and every one of them. I have another friend by the name of Cathy, who lives in the South and just had an operation on her eyelids she tells me now that she gets hit on by men in their 20s... that should inflate her ego. For those of you who have to work in this weather please do be careful take lots of liquid take care of yourself and remember in very hot conditions your temper runs close to the surface. God bless and keep each of you safe during this period.

2 comments:

Leann said...

ok fine, you made me cry...are you happy now? :-) I know you did not mean to. Your compassion and ability to see past the surface is a blessing....and a curse :-)

Take care in the heat and taking Ralph to look at yet 'another' car.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous picture again brother !! This shot reminded me of the times that Gareth and I would sit in the hot tub at our timeshare in Lake Tahoe having snow flakes falling down. What a beautiful sight that was !

Ralph is very lucky in having a friend such as yourself. You will be blessed many times over for your help.

Yes, it is hot there !! Hopefully you will be feeling the nice coolness soon and bowing down to the rain showers !!