Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A beautiful day for my day off started a little bit foggy though...

I was down at McDonald’s for copy by about 6:15 AM this morning Ralphie was already there. I was really surprised about 7:30am or so Delbert came in. We talked a little bit and I guess Nancy, his girlfriend, is blaming me for all kinds of weird stuff going on I can’t say I understand it and somehow brandy from my Photoshop elements class is also involved. Weird people. I picked up Cathy at Julie’s house about 8:45 AM and we proceeded over to the coast. We stopped at Lincoln city and also at Depot Bay and finally at Newport. We walked around the various cities and did some shopping and sightseeing. We had lunch at Moe’s in Newport and after we had lunch we shopped around the wharf side shops and eventually got back to the car and headed back to Lebanon via Toledo. The drive was beautiful and the scenery breathtaking we had a great visit and a really good time. On the way home I stopped at the Arco by the freeway and filled up in Mini Cooper. From there I dropped Cathy off at Julie’s house and came home I checked the mail and my passport is here so I feel good about that then I got call from Cathy she said she couldn’t find the key to get in so I told her I’d come over I started over there and got just past grandpas grocery and she called and told me she found the key so back home I zipped. Also in my mail I discovered that the State Department sent back my birth certificate which I would need anyway. A great day I cannot complain at all. I hope you all had equally good an experience.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi brother,

Glad to hear that you had a good time at the coast and that Cathy enjoyed herself as well.

Gareth and I had a good time at the "We Olive" event tonight and tasted some great food that they made there.

Yes, we ended up buying some special olive oil, one being "Stella Cadente", which is good for any baking as it is a blood orange olive oil. Another one is "Balzana" which is a Extra Virgin Olive Oil" that has a real kick to it. They made a pesto sauce, using this in it and spread it on pieces of bread. Ohhhhhh, so good and zesty !! We also purchased a jar of Blue Cheese Dijon Mustard. Joan said it was great spread onto a nice steak, pork or even chicken. Yummie..Cant wait to try it.

We purchased a neat little gadget that you put one or two cloves of garlic in (from a bulb) rub it back and forth and it takes all the peeling off, lickedy split...., the second part of that set was a garlic slicer that makes really nice thin slices of garlic. We also got a new garlic press that you can put the whole garlic clove into, peel and all and it presses the garlic through leaving the peel inside, easy to remove all in one piece. Amazing !!!! The last item we bought was a special made tray to hold my large round stone in with handles to easily carry it from point A to point B. You can set it on anything and it will not burn the surface so it will be great for entertaining or taking to another place. Love that. !!!!!

Leann said...

I started to read this post at work and got side tracked with a couple of traumas so will finish it up now. I'm truly pleased to hear that you and Cathy had a wonderful time at the coast. Did you visit the sea lions in Newport just down the street from Moe's? I always love them as they are so funny.

Enjoy your day and whoohooo on the passport getting here!!