Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Today is Saturday and it looks be a nice day...

I didn’t sleep too terribly bad last night woke up a little up her 6:30 AM then after getting cleaned up and dressed I went down to McDonald’s for coffee and Ralph and I pulled in at the same time The instant messaging between Nora and I last night was very interesting and very informative I think on both sides. Her ability to converse in English is much different than mine and thus there are small misunderstandings that occur, but on the whole we managed quite well. Nora did ask me to have Marie call her and I did tell Marie and when I spoke with Marie this morning she told me that she had tried to call Nora five times but nobody picked up the line. It becomes an interesting situation when one crosses cultural lines and tries to understand the other culture based on your culture and your cultural experiences. One must maintain an open mind and be very curious about what is meant in the other culture. I find it to be an intriguing experience and in many ways very rewarding. I have no particular plans for this day, but tomorrow will likely bring laundry and a few other sundry items that need to be attended to. I hope you who read this blog have a wonderful and rewarding day.

1 comment:

Leann said...

It's nice to hear you and Nora had a good conversation Dennis. You are correct in that crossing cultural lines can be tricky and make for an interesting experience.