Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I am finally home, with great regrets and worry about Manila and my fiancé's safety...

Well it is Tuesday afternoon, here I am in Lebanon and surprisingly I just left Seoul Korea. The international date line can really mess with your mind. I had a wonderful stay in Seoul with my future relatives and most importantly my future wife. Leaving her was very difficult for me as it was for her as we both went our separate ways her one home to the Philippines and Manila and I back here to Lebanon. We are wonderful time and during my stay there even though the apartment that her sister and husband have is very cramped and very small and may even smaller by the addition of me. We did make do and we did get along very well. The weather was not my favorite, being hot and humid and there being no air conditioning in the basement apartment. Unfortunately the windows were very small and very few so the use of a fan became imperative to my survival. Seoul is a very bustling city 8 million people strong and absolutely no real estate that is not used regardless of how small it may be there will be some kind of a business and it if you were to compare it to something you could relate to perhaps think of one of the ant houses that you can buy for children after it’s been occupied for some time and look at all the various little trails and those communities within that is very much what it is like in Seoul may branch out in every direction and everything is uphill from where ever you are. Nora is everything I hoped she would be in 100 times more she’s the most honest and caring person I believe I’ve ever met her sincerity is unequaled. It’s hard for me in a way to explain the difference between the Filipino culture and the culture that permeates the Western Hemisphere. My prayer and my hope is that she never loses contact with her culture is one of the things that makes her so very attractive. We got up at 4 AM this morning in Seoul and by 5:15 AM we were in a taxi and then onto a bus to make the trip to Inchon Airport. I got her to her she needed to be so she could go through immigration and prepare to board her aircraft which would leave at 8:30 AM. I said goodbye to her at the gate and then I proceeded to wander around the airport until 2:30 PM when my flight boarded. My flight was good it was on a 777 aircraft which is the wide body, the aircraft was not filled to capacity and I didn’t have any annoying children sitting behind me this trip. The flight took less than nine hours as we had a tail wind of over 100 mph for 90% of the trip. Once I arrived at San Francisco, I made my way through customs and immigration and then turned around and did the same thing when I prepared to leave for Portland. The flight was just a little over an hour and 15 minutes long and basically uneventful. I can tell you that the cooler weather that greeted me in Portland was a welcome sight.

No comments: