Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Friday, October 29, 2010

(4) Thats right... "Four" day weekend here...

Oct 30, 2010

Good night, nothing special with the exception of a few noises that we could not account for right here in the Kitchen/bedroom during the night... Nora took a flashlite and looked but saw nothing unusual.

Yesterday, I downloaded some games for her on my iPad... We City, We Rule and another one. She wanted to play them last night after coming to bed and I told her that those are not the games I have in mind when I am in bed... we slept. dammit.

Woke up this morning before 7am, today we are supposed to go to her Mother's gravesite in Marikina, I don't know just when, but she told me that she and Alex talked about it last night... It should be sometime this morning as Alex's father-in-law's birthday is today according to Nora.

We also would like to make a trip to the SM mall and take Kenneth's Sony Erickson phone in to get an estimate for repair... it may well be that the phone is too old to justify putting much money into it. That is my thoughts anyway

Coffee is served so I will take a few moments to enjoy it... the time at this moment is 7:18 AM.

Today is Saturday here in the Philippines and the beginning of a four day holiday weekend for Nora and the kids. Tomorrow is 'Halloween" and November 1 is "All Souls Day" and then November 2 is "All Saints Day". So, that my dear friends is how the filipinos manage to wring 3 holidays out of our one... The last two are of course religious holidays.

I shall close this little post and as the day unfolds, perhaps I can tickle your imagination with happenings that occur here, in the Philippines, so far from home...

••• Nora and I spent a couple of hours at the SM mall, we bought her two tops for 99p which is only about 2 dollars USD.  We also stopped at Shakeys and had an order of MoJo's and two super shakes, her a strawberry and I a chocolate one.  One the way out of the mall after getting Joyces folders and tape, we stopped at the bread store and got some rolls and sliced bread. The evening was for the most part uneventful except that Ana told me that she would have to delay repaying us the 5,000p until maybe Monday... (I doubt she will pay then either).  It is from Nora's budget so the urgency, considering that it is the beginning of the month, is not so great as it would have been had she loaned it to her at the end of the month when her money is short.  I don't like loaning the money to relatives, but it seems like it will continue to happen.  Alex didn't tell me that he could not repay me the 1,000p I loaned him, but we will likely speak of it tomorrow... Off to bed now.

From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello brother and Nora,

Sounds like you had a good day all in all. Hmmmmmmmmmm, I also am wondering what those sounds were in the night. Perhaps the goblin's coming to visit early.

I hope you can get Kenneth's phone repaired, but I agree that if it is too expensive, it is not worth it.

We had fun playing with Lambeau last night. He was pretty funny....grabbing his hamburger, squeaking it several times at me causing me to rise to the occasion and chase him...so around and around and around the Formal Dining Table we went. Sometimes I switch directions on him when we get going at a pretty good clip raising my hands in the air and doing a scary yell at him. If I get to close, the cheater goes under the table where I can't reach him easily. We do have fun though.

After a bit of playing around, he settled down into his bed for a bit of napping. Tim came by to get him a little pass 10:30pm.