Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Optimism shall rule this day... I command it.

October 29, 2010

Slept very well although I didn't start the process until late last evening, the unfolding of the days event had left me in a rather funky mood and unsettled state of mind. I woke about 7am and boiled the water for coffee and Nora is up and has her nose stuck in the phone and Facebook/Farmville.

Today is Friday, the last of a short week for Nora and the beginning of a 4 day weekend for her as Monday and Tuesday are holidays. She will have a very short week this next coming one and I am really glad for her for that reason. She will probably go to get her police check today, if not, next Wed. I need to contact Korean Air and figure out when to fly back to the USA. I have free rebooking for up to one year from the date of purchase so May 15 is the latest that I can book a flight for free and then fees will be accessed.

Not sure what today will bring, it is my hope to resolve the router issue and hopefully with a cooler head than I had yesterday.

I relocated the fan that we use to keep cool when sleeping so that it does not blow air directly on the face and that is by far more comfortable to me.

As a side note to myself, Alex borrowed 1,000p yesterday with a promised repay time of this weekend. Filipino Flex-time is a concept I could probably endorse more easily had I not spent the major portion of my working time in the strict structure of the military... amazing how habits like that are so difficult to break. We Americans have the tendancy to place too much importance on our selves and our time schedules. Everything seems to get done here in the Philippines even with the relaxed attitude toward time, and if one checkes the incidence of heart attack and stress related illnesses, you find that the Americans are the ones that suffer the most from it. Perhaps there is a lesson of value to be gleaned from these statistics... me thinks so.

Well my hope is that I shall manange to climb the walls of the well of despair that I stumbled into yesterday and find myself in the presence of sunny skies and moderate temperatures (well, I can dream can't I??). I will certainly have on my hiking boots because there is a life to live and lives to enjoy and I entend to do both to the best of my ability. "Blessings", as my frind Leann would say, to one and all... after all, Christmas is coming !!!

••• Well, I am finding that crow can be served in many different and tantalizing ways, the latest dish I have enjoyed was derived from my own mid-deeds in that I turned off the 'Java Script' on my computer and phone and thus disabled many of the features that webpages offer such as button actions and such as can be found on places like my dLink router control page...are you getting the idea yet??? I, meaning me, disable the ability of the page to react to my button pushes so me, being the connoisseur of various flavors of crow, caused and in effect disabled my own router... Ah, the flavor excites me tongue and humble pie for dessert too !!! how much better can it be???  All is well now in router land and I've tendered my apologies to all affected parties... a lesson to be learned is lurking herein...

From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are becoming wise in your years that some people unfortunately never achieve. Good for you brother.

I would imagine that in your mind you were perhaps tasting some delicious PBC's with that crow. Hmmmmmmmmmm, probably wasn't all that bad, eh????

We will be having my favorite 4 legged beast with us tonight as Deb just called and they won't be home until around 10:30 or so this evening. It will be a delight as always having him with us for awhile.

Not much news on Boxer puppies yet...only some for sale that are a mix. Naaaaaaaada, don't want that.

I am going to get cleaned up just a bit and Gareth and I are going to go out in the sprinkles and do a few errands. I will be happy as always to chat with you later.