Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

All Quiet on the Asian Front... (cheesy I know)

Oct 14, 2010

"Uneventful" would be the term to describe last night, not terribly hot and no disruptions. A welcome change to be sure. I heard absolutely nothing outside of Nora getting up to use the CR a couple times, nothing from the baby until after 6am. Perhaps there truly is a light at the end of the tunnel...

Nora was not anxious to get up at 6am, but I wanted to check and make sure that Joyce was up as her school day starts at 7:30 this morning... She was already up and had ironed her blouse already so I was happy about that. She is normally the first riser in the house and was so when we were in Basud also.

Lately, I have had this nagging feeling that I should perhaps pursue writing... a book, short novel or perhaps, given my propensity for fictional situations, a childrens book. I will ponder that thought awhile and perhaps do something along those lines, maybe even something for the Readers Digest or something like that.

Uncle and Auntie and Alex will be attending the funeral of Auntie's brother today. A solemn occasion to be sure. We have a very full weekend planned, especially Sunday when Nora and the children will pay their respects to Jimmie, Father and husband. I suppose in some ways, this closes one door and opens yet another... putting the past to rest I suppose, this is the first time Nora will have been to the grave and also the first time for Joyce and Kenneth. Nora was in Taiwan working when Jimmy passed. Closure is good.

I will get my day started now and catch you up later as events unravel.


From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Denny,

I am all caught up now and I find your days and nights very eventful indeed. If this does not kill you, you will become a much better man than you already are...for it.

Please keep the faith.....laugh a lot, cry if you must and get writing that book. You have a great talent that is waisting away.

Love, Gareth and Lollie