Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

TGIF... means something where you are... to me ~ another day

Oct 15, 2010

Last night, before finally getting to sleep, the air was so thick that it made breathing difficult for me, I told Nora that this had happened once before when the humidity was very high. I finally did get to sleep and it is tolerable now, 77˚ and not terribly humid. The remnants of my time in Viet Nam I think, that is the only time I've ever had heat stroke and I've been sensitive to heat ever since then.

Joyce needs to be at school at 9:30 this morning so there is no great push. Nora slept pretty well I think last night, she didn't have to get up and Thank God, the baby had another good night too. One comes to appreciate a solid nights sleep when you have been deprived of such for several days.

Nothing special today, I will of course give Nora her weekly allowance today of 5,600p.... I read again yesterday that the dollar isn't worth the paper to wipe your butt with... I don't know where in the hell the good old US of A is headed, but financially it is in dire straits... to think that not all that long ago it was the currency that led the way... I guess it still is, just changed direction.

Tomorrow I plan (we all know about my plans) a trip to the SM mall and get some things that we forgot on our last trip there. It is supposed to be cloudy, overcast and hot today and stormy this weekend. Lovely winter ??? weather. I promise you I will NOT get used to it but I WILL endure it.

Don't know what will transpire the rest of the day, but if it unfolds like most of my days have, I will be adding to this blog later.

••• Nora left about 12:15pm for St. Lukes clinic.  I didn't do too much, although Lollie came on and we were able to make a voip call using Yahoo Messenger and the clarity of it was nothing short of phenominal.  It was like they were in the same room with me.  Anyway after that, Jenny said that the neighbor girl said we could use their old crib to make a gate way to keep baby inside the house... I disassembled the old crib and cut a section to size and nailed it up on the door frame... you need to step over it to enter or exit, but will be perfect for the baby. I ordered a couple of cold Red Horse beers for later tonight and bought a large RC to share with the kids.  I have another section of the old crib that I will incorporate into a gate keeping the baby out of the kitchen/bedroom or ours.  Too many things in the kitchen area that could cause him harm.  I've not quite figured out how to attach it so that we can move it out of the way when not needed... all cement walls make it complicated to put something in place like that. I also really wanted to or shall I say want to put up a shelf over the counter area in the kitchen for Nora but need to run that thru the thought mill a little more too.  Gosh it was nice talking to my Sister and Gareth... we must have chatted almost 45 minutes... and just think all for free not a stinking dime went to AT&T or to Smart.  I love technology.  It is now 3:18pm so Nora will likely be home within the hour.  She will likely stop to shop a little bit first though, at least she said that before she left. This has been a good, albiet hot, day.

From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was nice to read your blog this afternoon brother. I am so sorry that you had trouble breathing well last night before you were able to go to sleep. Please keep a watch on that !!!!! It is so nice that you think about the welfare of little Denny. At his point in life, all he has is you and the others to make sure he is healthy and safe. You are very good about that. Yes, I would think that attaching anything to concrete would be a bit difficult. Do they have any 3M products there...probably not, but that may work.

We are happy that Nora is feeling better again. I am happy that things seem to be a pretty good night and day for you so far.

It was great chatting with you on the phone last night...and, as you say, for FREE !!! YEA ! You sounded so good and I am delighted that we will be able to do that more often.

The weather here today is suppose to get to 89˚, 84˚ tomorrow, possible rain on Sunday and then next week is suppose to be all in the 70's. I lost another half pound, so that makes a total of 10 now. As you mention to me when you were losing your weight, it gets easier after the first week of cutting down.

Small group was great last night. Gareth and I managed to get everything done in time with some Fall decorations to boot. Worked fast and furious though and was a bit tired, but glad I got it all done.

I look forward to our chats brother....makes me sooooooooo happy to stay closer in touch with you and the family.

Much love and hugs coming your way,

Lollie