Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Visitors from afar lighten the day...

Oct 13, 2010

The evening was good, Nora slept pretty well, except for the fact that it is the time of her monthly cycle so with that comes discomfort and perhaps mental tenderness in some cases. All in all, she weathers that storm pretty well, especially since I introduced her to Midol. I slept OK.

Early this morning, Linda and Edwin appeared and it has been, as I expected, non-stop chatter and even more people in an already too cramped apt. They will not be staying with us, but with their son who occupies another unit here.

Baby had another good night which I was and shall forever be thankful. It appears that the measles are more disconcerting to look at than to experience, but as I foggily remember, they itch, at least at some point they do. The rash is only supposed to last for about 3 days according to the baby's doctor.

Unfortunately, though I truly enjoy seeing Edwin and Linda, they don't use english so once again I am the outsider... It often saddens me as they know english, are taught english, but revert always to tagalog. I will always feel the part of a 3rd wheel I suppose as I really am not in a position to master their dialect in the short time I am here.

I don't know what is planned for today outside of Nora's daily journey to Manila. I suppose something but only God knows for sure and he is keeping the secret well hidden from me.

Should the day reveal anything that might tantalize your thoughts, I will certainly add it here to this running account of my day.

Take care those who read this blog... Oh, Cathy, if you are still reading it, glad you had a good trip to Oregon...

I just sent myself and Nora a reload for the phones... I know mine was empty and hers had to be close too. Kenneth asked to text mom, when I asked why, he told me that he needed tuition for college so he can take the final exam tomorrow... I thought that Nora had paid for the whole 6 months, but seems she only paid 6,000 of the 7,000p for the term.  She held back a thousand with the understanding that she would need to purchase books, come to find out that she did not have to purchase books so she forgot to pay off the tuition, which cost me an additional 200p in interest... That ain't gonna happen again. She is home now from St. Lukes clinic and Kenneth is paying the school the tuition.  Next month I have to pay another 6 month's tuition which will be an additional 7,000p.  It is the last term he will go here I believe as we will leave hopefully in May. Nora fixed me another hamburger (filipino style) and a salad and also some fried chicken for the kids and her.  It was good, but can I tell you how much I yearn and can you, my friends, guess for what??? anyway, it will come in time. Now, tonight, Nora tells me she wants to go to Basud around the 20th for the provinces holidays.  I would rather not but considering, I will do it for her.  I absolutely dread the long and torturous bus ride there and back.  She told me tonight that she Text'd her father for money to reimburse me for baby's visits to the hospital. The things we need at the SM Mall are as follows: 1. battery for kenneths Sony cellphone 2. mop for kitchen floor 3. Wall clock 4. facial wash for nora 5. Midol for the ladies 6.  I am sure there will be others that are needed also.  We plan to get up or leave at 5am on the 17th to go to Jimmie's gravesite.  Alex will drive us for a total car cost of 2,500p  I am sure that there will be other costs associated with this journey also. So ends the day and the random postings of a somewhat wearied mind.

From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

cathy said...

I did have a good time but it is good to be back home. It was a long trip home yesterday. I started off at 430 my time and didn't get home until 1130pm. So of course I slept in this morning.

The weather for the most part was good. It rained this past weekend but other than that it was good.

Glad to hear that things are going as well as can be expected under all the circumstances.