Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mundane, Humdrum and otherwise uninspiring day...

Oct 28, 2010

Yesterday was a good day all in all, the evening was nice and Nora made a good dinner... we went to bed about 10pm. There were two brownouts during the night, Nora lit candles for one of them but not the second time which occurred later in the morning. She always unplugs the refrigerator for some reason, afraid of a surge or something. Modern electronics compensate for that though.

We went to sleep happy although it was warm... she tossed and turned all night it seemed and complained of the heat, I, on the other hand actually was somewhat comfortable.

Nothing special is planned for today other than Nora may go to get her police clearance which she will need to renew her passport.

Kenneth will have to go to the college again today as he forgot to take his picture yesterday for his student ID.

Today is Sean's birthday, I must send him a card.

Sorry that there is nothing interesting to tell you today yet, perhaps somehing will happen worth writing about as the day progresses.

••• Well, as the day progressed, I found that Alex, a cousin by marriage now, got a desktop computer from a Korean friend of his, that led to the question could he hook it up, with my assistance to connect to my wireless service?.  I of course told him yes, we could do that.  I was unable to make it connect, for whatever reason so he had a guy from the Internet Cafe come later that afternoon to help set it up. I was in process of resetting my router to allow for full access and discovered, to my dismay, that I no longer have admin privileges on the router, (hmmm the same one that I bought and pay 1,000php a month to use).  Seems that the fellow from the Cafe did something that took away my ability to control my router.  I was, in a word, Livid.  Today it is my hope and desire to speak to this guy and have the situation remedied... my alternative would be to pull the plug then nobody uses it... I cannot understand why this guy would take away my admin priviledges without even speaking to me... I will investigate the issue.

From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello brother......Sounds like a good day with the exception of the internet cafe guy messing up your router. Knowing you though as I do, you will get the remedied within a New York second, if not sooner. It was probably just an innocent mistake so don't have him for lunch !!!!!

I just sent you an email with some late news. I am not sure, even though you have your IPad there....what news you actually get from back home. Anyway, if I am repeating things that you already know, just let me know.

Gareth was just holding the remainder of his coffee, feel asleep and spilled the coffee. Oh well, I have told him about that many times in the past but he still insist on holding onto it. I guess you just never think that you will fall asleep and spill it. He is cleaning it up now. Things happen......

We had a good meeting last night but for some reason, I was very ansee and could not stop moving. My restless spirit at work I guess.

We will make a trip to Costco this afternoon and get some basic items that we are out of. Happy to hear that you had a good dinner last night.

Love ya much.....

Lollie