Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Fresh beginning again... Mondays are like that you know !!

Oct 04, 2010 A new day dawns here in the islands, there was a marathon Mahjong game going last night, it started yesterday afternoon and just never bothered to stop.  As of 7:30am they are still at it. Last evening, I gave Nora the final 5,000p payment for her to give her father for the piece of land we purchased in Basud.  I have no idea what we will do with that land, but at the time of the purchase, it was very important to Nora to keep it in the family and especially out of the hands of Lyn, her estranged sister in Korea. Also last night Nora told me that Lyn is bringing her children to Manila next year and will want Father to take care of them, her intent as I know it is to leave her husband whom she professes to no longer be in love with.  She told Father that she would rent a condo in Manila... I cannot fathom where she would get that kind of money plus the fact that Father is already taking care of Lalaine's 4 children in Basud.  I would hope Nora can talk her Father out of this but here, in the Philippines, family has a deeper sense of commitment than you normally see. Monday, a wonderful day as it means that we will soon put yet another week of treatment behind us and also will be one week closer to fulfilling the dream of living in America, a land that I surely do miss. Good day to you Leann, you are probably the only reader I have. Continuing the story, Nora went to St. Lukes clinic and returned in the early afternoon, I picked her up at the main junction on Alex's scooter. We then went to Divine market where she bought a couple minor things, primarily some medications for Kenneth's sore throat. She made me a hamburger for dinner and a salad and it was a nice change for me.  We discussed going to Jimmie's gravesite and she chose either the 9th or the 16th of October... Alex said he would drive us for about 2,000 or a little more. I figured on about 2,500 for all of us in an AC equipped van would be reasonable. Not much else for this day I guess, perhaps I will dream something tonight to enlighten you with tomorrow...

No comments: