Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

This is The Lords Day, make it great !!!

Oct 03, 2010

Sunday morning, actually not bad, we slept quite soundly and without interruption until baby woke up. Uneventful morning, we bathed and about 8:45 we left to attend the 9am mass at Divine Mercy Catholic church. Mass was good, or so I am told, it is performed entirely in Tagalog so I am left knowing only when to stand and when to sit. The Catholic religion has too much too do and tradition for me to really enjoy it anymore... I go to keep Nora happy.

We looked at the street market vendors that only appear on Sundays and found few things outside of some coffee cups and a spaghetti noodle ladle that Nora wanted. She bought a little charcoal and some sweets and I bought two packages of pork rinds... not great nutritionally, but it sated the taste buds... Alex bought some oysters to that will be a nice treat... Nora has Kenneth preparing fish, I believe steamed on the bbq... Point of interest, you really have to see one of these bbq's to believe it, made of scrap wood and a piece of tin to hold the charcoal fire... it works though.

Nora is doing the white clothes this afternoon so the kids will have something to wear and some of our clothing also I suspect. I was thinking while in church, it has been 42 years since I was in Viet Nam. A lot of water has flowed under this bridge since then.

Hope you who might read this blog have a wonderful day... for us, it is Sunday and for you?? who knows.

Nora was in a fuss about getting the application form printed for her appt with the DFA, problem is, no long bond paper... I went to Pams internet cafe and stopped at two stores along the way to see if we could find some long bond paper but no luck, once at Pams, they are unable to print PDF documents (rather unheard of this day and age), anyway, no luck there so then I took Alex's motor and went do Divine gift shop, no luck, internet cafe in market place is closed so no luck there, came back home and by chance asked the young girl that works in the store next to the house if she had any and luck would have it she had one sheet that she gave me... Nora and I went back to Pams and once again were told that they don't print PDF forms, Guy's neice took us to another cafe down the road where Nora was able to get it printed out. Back home now and wondering how the evening is going to go... Nora just asked me to change the wifi password... I wonder about that... anyway, the new name is ... really? you thought I would put it up here?? you been drinking too much McDonalds coffee... From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Leann said...

Hi Dennis,

I've been catching up on the reading of your adventures.

I cannot imagine what it is like to be in a third world country and not have the amenities we take for granted.

I am sorry you are dealing with a lack of patience. It is a change culturally as well as lack of space which I'm sure is difficult to deal with.

I laughed when I saw where you had called Baby Denny a 'shithead'. Bless your heart.

Take care and hope you have a better day.