Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Today is a continuation... another day in a long line of days...

Oct 06, 2010

Sleep did finally come last night, but it was very warm and the feeling of being sticky could not be ignored. Finally though I did fall asleep.

We got up about 7am this morning and I am enjoying a cup of coffee as I pen this days events. Joyce anne told Nora of a project that she had to do for school, but Nora forgot to buy the suppliies for her so we will have to make a trip to the market about 8am to find them.

I have come to learn that Nora does not remember things well, it may be that her life is so busy that they just slip away, but it would seem to me that she should make some notes or a list to help her keep organized and remember those little things. Another thing that I've noticed is that many times I will speak to her and she either cannot or does not hear me... perhaps I need to speak louder or maybe it is a case of where she has learned to tune out people I am not sure which... but when we are back in the USA in a more controlled and peaceful setting I think those issues will go away.

Today is of course Wednesday, or as we affectionately call it "Hump day" meaning that we are on the peak of the week and coming to the finish of it. One less week to take treatments and bus rides for her.

I will never forget how difficult this year has been for her... perhaps not in the purely physical sense, but the emotional hoops she has been put thru and the missing of her Father and friends in Basud... That is the biggest reason that I endure being here, if she can do that for me, I most certainly can be here to support her not only financially but also and most importantly, emotionally.

We in the US, rarely have to encounter the difficulties that the people here in the Philippines encounter on a daily basis, it totally makes one appreciate the things we so quickly take for granted... My hope is that I will carry these memories with me the rest of my life.

Well, this day is barely an hour old for me and I've already written a lot... we shall see how the day unfolds from here. Well as the morning progressed Nora wanted to go to the Divine market to get some materials for a project that Joyce had in school... as luck would have it nothing was available (small market). We went to several other locations trying to find someplace that sold material but no luck so Joyce is not happy with Mommy who 'forgot' to buy the stuff when she was in Manila yesterday... can't blame Joyce, she told Nora in plenty of time.

Nora asked me for 100p to buy it with, that in itself is bothersome as she should have it allocated for in the budget. Anyway after Nora was ready to leave I find that Jenny and a couple of the neighorhood girls were headed to SM mall for the afternoon... good for them, it is good to get away from the house now and then, I get cabin fever often just like they do.

This afternoon proved quite dull, no one is home except me and the files and a few ants... right not, a little curious neighborhood boy is sitting and watching me type this... I am now waiting for Nora to txt me that she is ready to be picked up.

I bought Mover + for the iPad and the phone, they work good in transferring pictures and videos and contacts etc...

I am going to post this now to the blog... happy reading.


From denny's iPad...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day!This was a really terrific theme!
I come from roma, I was luck to approach your topic in google
Also I learn much in your theme really thanks very much i will come again

denny said...

Dear annonymous, thanks for reading, I am quite certain that my rambling would not qualify as journalistic genius, but it does tend to reflect life here in the phils as seen thru an American perspective... come again if you like... perhaps you will leave at least a first name??