Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The welcome of "Sleep", unencumbered...

Oct 11, 2010

We retired early last night, the fuel in our tanks was low and everyone in the home needed a good nights rest and we all prayed, I am sure, that the baby would have a good night too.

As it was, I gave Nora an ambien... coupled with her sleep deprivation, the pill did an exceptional job, within 15 minutes she was out like a light and I soon there after. We woke once, when the baby was hungry, but I only let Nora hold him for a couple minutes then told Jenny, you take care of the baby and told Nora to go back to bed which she did.

We slept peacefully until about 7:15am and now the house is busy with children getting ready for the day and them rolling up the bed and clearing the night things off the floor (that is where they sleep) Kinda gives a new meaning to "4 on the floor". Anyway, to sum it up, the night went quite nicely and Nora got a goodly amount of sleep, though I doubt she has paid back all she lost over the weekend.

I am happy to report though that the baby seems in good spirits and is exhibiting none of the symptoms he had earlier so perhaps this crisis has come to a final scene and we can gingerly move forward toward the eventual end that I see in the future. Thank you God for the baby's health and my mental recovery... it HAS been some kind of weekend.

Monday, as it is now, starts yet another cycle for Nora and St. Lukes clinic. Next week, we will be busy with her going to the NSO to get our marriage certificates and then us going to immigration so she can petition me for an i-Card. Well, at least that activity will allow the week to move quickly by and slide into the past... I am pretty certain that the holiday season will increase the passage of time also and I look forward to that.

I will post this much now and perhaps add to it as the day progresses.

The weather has taken a turn for the worse, lightning and rain, sometimes hard rain.  Nora doesn't want to go to St. Lukes clinic and is upset because I told her she must go even if it is raining... my logic: simple, life doesn't stop because it rains, it just requires one to be prepared.  She is getting ready to go pretty soon, but is not terribly pleased with me at the moment. I suppose she thinks that I am inconsiderate, making her go to a mandated treatment when it is raining, but the fact is that this is the rainy season here in the Philippines and you cannot stop existing and taking care of daily requirements just because it is not comfortable to do so.  Part of the filipino psychology I believe is "put it off till later or tomorrow if you don't want to do it today..." that might work in some circumstances, but when you have required appointments to meet, it floats like a rock. Kenneth is ready also to go to school so she won't be the only one who gets a little wet... I even offered to buy her a raincoat...she for some reason doesn't want one even though it would provide the best protection against a downpour. I particularly do not like making her upset or mad, but explaining my logic to her is at times very challenging, partly because the filipino people can be and often are quite lazy and redily admit it. Take care, each of you.

From denny's iPad...

No comments: