Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ahhh, the smell of Napalm and scorched flesh...(huh ???)

Nov 25, 2010

Had a beer with Alex last night about 8pm, then went to the sleeper room and was reading some of the book 'White Fang', by Jack London... this is the 3rd of his books that I have read hear, they are the free books that you can download from the Gutenberg press.

Anyway last night after dinner, it was revealed to Nora and I thru a paper (actually a printed copy of some correspondense Jenny had sent to a Neighorhood girl, the daughter of the store owner next door) that was very slanderous full of foul words and accusations and threats (evidently they are not best friends)). At the revelation of this printed paper, Nora went Ballistic and we had the second of the 3rd world wars. The probable outcome of this last episode by Jenny will be her having to go before the leader, Baranguay, of the Province to answer charges that will be levied by the neighborgirl's parents and the girl herself... (a 'Baranguay' is like a mediator).

Anyway, Nora has put Jenny on notice that she is in this one all by herself and that we take no responsibility for her actions. I don't know what exactly will be the outcome as this is my virgin experience in matters like this. In America, the position of a 'Baranguay' might befall some good friend or an aunt or Uncle but would not extend to the community level, merely the family level...

Dammit, I told you guys that every day was an experience so read on. I am hoping that just sending Jenny to Basud will appease the neighbors and the Baranguay person. I told Jenny last night that she suffers the same weakness that befell me when I was young and stayed with me the majority of my life and that is a vengeful mouth and a constant diatribe of foul words and thoughts whenever we feel crossed or betrayed in some ligitemate or precieved manner. I have finally almost conquered mine, I hope she does is much sooner than I did.

We played some "Words with Friends" before bed and then we slept quite well thanks in part to cooler weather. I gave Nora 6,000p this morning to take to the bank and send to her Aunt Linda and that will pay off the rent for the sleeper room until we leave. I am expecting my money transfer this week from RemitHome... I have used them twice already and the experience was just wonderful... I recommend it to anyone wanting to send money to the Philippines. I will be staying home the rest of the week, waiting for the delivery of the funds.

Gosh, today is Thursday here, your Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I do pray that it is most rewarding and I want you to know that I dearly will miss all of you at the table... Not only the food, but the friendship and wonderful company... enjoy what you have my most dear friends because you most likely don't appreciate it nearly as much as you would if you had to miss it... Bless you one and all.


From denny's iPad...

No comments: