Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Another "Teen ager" enters the fray we lovingly call Life...

Nov 03, 2010

Last night ended quietly, we both were tired... a little innocent chit chat and then the sandman came calling.

We seemed to sleep well and for the most part comfortably. I used to wonder how the ancients, especially back in the Roman days, made those torture racks, like the bed of nails etc... after sleeping on this bed I can see where they got the innovation. Thank you God for the 4" foam mattress.

Joyce enjoyed the birthday cake that we bought her, and of course Momma Nora made her famous spaghetti, which happens to be a favorite of both Joyce and I. Some of the boys from the back (where they make the cookies Alex sells) came for helpings of the spaghetti also. They are a nice group of young men who actually live far from here in mountain villiages... they have lived here for some number of years, working for Alex.

We awoke before 7am this morning, the baby was playing and found some audio torture devices that he could bang together so that sufficed for the alarm clock. Today, Nora and I will go to Korean Air and see about rescheduling my return ticket, Korean air told me before I left Oregon that I could have one reschedule for free and use the ticket for up to 1 year from the purchase date which was May 15th. I will see how that goes.

It is so nice, today is Wednesday so that means that Nora only goes to treatment 3 times this week. Good for her, as she detests going any times at all. It is more than 6 months now that she has been going to St. Lukes clinic for the treatments... half way home more or less.

No rain this morning, I haven't really looked outside so am not too sure what the potential weather might be for this day... I hope it doesn't rain though at least until later on this afternoon.

I shall post this dribble, injest and enjoy...

••• We left for Korean Air about 9am and road a tricab, a bus, 2 jeepneys and two different cabs before eventually ending up at Nimoy International Airport.  Nora and I argued about whether we would have to go all the way to the airport, ended up I was right.  The trips with the various conveyances were not good, packed in like sardines in a can and it was terribly humid. In the end run, the first cab driver took us about a meter then decided he didn't know how to get to the address and dropped us off (thankfully no charge), the second was a grump but did get us to the Airport (but the baggage terminal, not the passenger)... by this time, I am livid !!! my temper was short and my personality turned to swamp gas... ignited even ! From the baggage terminal, Nora and I walked to the passenger side which was not a long walk, but hot.  Once inside, the AC managed to quench the rage that I was beginning to experience and we easily found the Korean Air passenger area.  Talking to two very nice young ladies there proved quite fruitful and both Nora and I left knowing that I can rebook my return flight to the USA clear till the end of August of 2011 and it is at no charge to me.  That will leave me 3 one way tickets to purchase and hopefully all on the same flight.  I am praying that we leave closer to June than August though. I was in a great mood after a nice cab ride from the airport to St. Lukes clinic. We stopped at ChowKing and got some lunch and then went to Richardson's mall in downtown Manila where Nora finally found a purse she liked and I a wallet to keep the funds in (it had many compartments).  The bus ride home was OK and once home, after having been home (arrived home at about 5:30pm) we started to prepare dinner, Alex offered a beer after dinner which I accepted.  Ana paid us back the 5,000p so that makes us even. We were tired and went to bed not long after 9pm.

From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a very eventful and productive day....even though you almost managed to ignite...so glad you didn't. However, having said that.....I can just about imagine myself in that moment. Sometimes, brother....you just need to get the frustration out !!

So happy to hear about Korean Air and your return trip back. Hopefully, the family will be able to be on the same flight as that would be very nice to all be together.

Chris is returning to college for his last year so all of us are getting together for dinner tonight in Sacramento. That should be fun....we are looking forward to it.

Well, I need to finish getting ready as we are leaving here at about 5:15. All I have to do it change my top and spray some perfume on. I will try and reach you after we get back home as it will just be in the afternoon there. Hopefully, you got the pictures I sent you from my IPhone.

Take care for now and God's blessings.