Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Friday... another week bites the dust

Nov 05, 2010

The evening went quietly with no struggles into the dark and comforting past. There are times of course, when it struggles a lot and takes time to achieve solitude and quiet, but last night was smooth, like a baby's butt... nothing out of the ordinary.

I slept well, Nora, on the other hand, had a very restless night, one in which she got up a number of times, got on her iPhone to check her farm and made various trips to the other room to check the family and overall condition of the surroundings. She usually sleeps well but last night was the exception. It will be a long day for her, I am glad that it is Friday.

Her intention, is to go to the Police Dept. and get a copy of her police record and perhaps to call immigration to check the status of my Visa status change... it is supposed to be ready in two weeks and we are on the cusp of that timeframe.

Tomorrow, if plans prevail, I will take her to see a dermatologist and see what can be done about the skin eruptions she has experienced as a result of the medications she takes from St. Lukes clinic. What was a very smooth body is now largely covered with these blemishes that I can only pray disappear when her treatment stops or sooner if the dermatologist can steer her in the right direction using some topical ointment or other medication to counteract the reaction from the other medicines.

I have to give her credit, she is for certain a trooper. Another week in the bag so to speak... I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and I can almost see a slight glimmer of it but it will become clearer as time progresses.

I just asked Nora how she felt, she says 'Not bad' and I asked if she is tired and she tells me 'No'.

I don't have any plans at all for today... perhaps I can find a good book in my iBook library on the iPad to become immersed in... if nothing else, they allow me to mentally leave.

Later my good friends.


From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning brother......It is always good to take a trip into an unknown land or perhaps a trip into the deep intriguing obis of the ocean.....so far down that you are not sure if you can ever return. Those escapes are good for all of us ! I hope you found a book that gave you that escape.

I didn't sleep hardly at all last night, but shortly after I did get to sleep, I awoke instantly to the ring of our doorbell. It was about 7:30 and upon leaping out of bed, I remembered that Gary was coming by today to re-paint the arch, the restrained gold.

We were almost out of paint, so I did a quick brush through my hair, brushed my teeth, dressed and out the door I went to get a couple more gallons.

The sun was up...Gareth is still in dreamland and I just made some coffee. Boy, do I ever need that today. I may just call up Pete's and have them bring over a semi-truck full of beans !!!!

I am up and cannot go back to bed, but perhaps later today, I can take a little nap. Gareth and I will put the Formal Dining Table and chairs back today and just do a little more straightening up. We had four children here last night and they all enjoyed "It's a Bugs Life" downstairs.

I feel bad that we did not get any wood this year and I don't think Gareth plans to either. We have enough left for just a few fires and thats it. You know how I love my fires in the Fall and especially Winter.

I am happy that the evening went smoothly for you. God gives you one of those now and then......Hopefully, many more to come.

I am going to get some coffee now and watch some morning show until Gareth gets up and we will have breakfast.