Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

The last 'Sunday' before we are in Basud... much to do !!!

Dec 18 / 19, 2010

Sorry for no post yesterday, we actually woke up on the run and had a lot to get done so I forewent the normal writing time for my journal... yesterday, the 18th was a filled day with waiting mostly, Nora had told me earlier in the week that she wanted to go on Saturday (the 19th) into Marilao to a hair salon and have her hair given what they call a 'Hot Oil' treatment which is supposedly good for the Filipina hair... she also had it rebonded which I am assuming has something to do with split ends or the overall condition of the hair...

She had not been able to take the best care of her hair for a long time and it had become somewhat dull without the lustre one normally associates with a black haired woman. Anyway, she had the 'Hot Oil' treatment, had it rebonded and then had it shampooed, cut and colored... to the tune of 1,500p... but I must admit that the change in the condition and appearance of her hair and what it did for her ego was certainly worth the meager $32 bucks I spent on it. Lollie told me that would be over $200 in an american salon. I know it was extensive cause she was in the salon for almost 6 hours...

We stopped at a little bar just the other side of the salon and while I waited for her, I had 3 San Miguel beers and some fries... when she finally finished, we had dinner there and then went to the market to buy some vegetables for dinner. From there, it was back home again.

It was so funny, when we got home, Nora and I walked up to the front door and who do you imagine that the baby wanted to see first?? me of all things... I was really surprised... he has bonded quite nicely with me it seems.

We had dinner although I wasn't too hungry at that time... from there it was a short trip to bed where we chatted for an hour or so and then the sandman made his appearance.

••• We slept nicely, the boys in the back turned on the radio ( I swear they were broadcasting to the planets it was so loud...) they must have an order of cookies to get ready to ship.

I told Nora that I hope Ana doesn't forget to pay me the money I loaned her, she is supposed to pay it tomorrow, Monday. I need it before we go to Basud and actually need it at Immigration to pay for the iCard.

The laundry lady will be here today to take care of the laundry and I am certain that Nora will have some last minute things to wash on Monday afternoon in prep for the trip to Basud Tuesday night.

I am going now, if more interesting things occur thruout the day, I will let you know... Have a great day.


From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

No comments: