Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The middle is here now and the end lurks... quietly, subtly, waiting...

Dec 15, 2010

Ah the restorative powers of a good nights sleep, 'tis something to behold and cherish above all else... or so I am told. We did sleep pretty well though. I've come to appreciate it much more in the passing months than I ever did at any period in my life I believe with the possible exception of the period of '68 and '69 where the rockets red glare would oft disrupt slumber.

"Hump" day today, the week begins it's leisurely tramp to the weekend and the impending trip to Basud for an 11 day Christmas/New Years retreat of sorts. We will have a good time I am certain of that.

Last night, Nora was in a rather reflective mood and also one somewhat tinged with aphrehension about where she will be in her life and what will happen in the future... I suppose that growing up as she did here, the future can shed surprises that we don't expect and she at times ponders how her life will change once she and the children are entrounced in my home and the American way of life. It is my ultimate goal to make the journey as seemless and painless as possible, but I do know that homesickness will make an appearance and there will be periods of some depression as would be normal for any displaced person. Love and faith will carry her thru and I will be supportive in all areas to ease the trip for her.

Nothing is planned for today, although, last night I was thinking that I must initiate the I-130 Spousal visa request fairly soon, the first half of January should be an appropriate time me thinks.

Coffee has been served and I am enjoying my cup as I write in this journal. The weather is overcast and it rained at some point last night, about 7:30 I think as nearly as I can remember, it was shortly after supper so that time would be right. It will probably warm up considerably before the noon hour arrives.

Ah, Nora received her new passport yesterday and she is so happy that she is now Mrs. Leonora Ribaya Stanley... it seems to have cemented her identity for her...

Well, "Words with Friends" and God only knows what else will happen today...

Susie Bose, you consternate me with the words you play for such enormous amounts of points... are you sure you don't have a dictionary tucked away there???

Take care all, I miss and love you.


From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

No comments: