Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thursday and good news about my visa conversion... I am happy !!

Dec 16, 2010

Yesterday ended on a quiet note... until that is about 2am this morning when the bottom of what started out to be a quiet night fell out and in thru the hole entered the dragons of drink and sillyness as only expressed by two Filipino men arguing over a 100p win at the game of Mahjonng. Not two young studs mind you, but two middle aged grey haired dragons with little or no fire left to snort...

The fighting was loud and boisterous and there was a lot of posing and whatnot, both achieved the look of idiots and ending up being the laughing stock of most of the neighborhood. Sadly, drinking and acting the fool seem to go hand in hand. I have been in that situation, not since achieving middle age, but certainly during my younger 'tough guy' days. The father of Ana, the wife of Alex was one of the two contenders... if I were him, I would be ashamed to come back here for awhile.

We finally managed to drop back to sleep after the situation dissipated and the two villiage idiots returned to their respective cages. Oft it amazes me, the lengths that man will go to demonstrate his ignorance. I am certainly glad that that portion of my life is but a faint memory.

This morning, we were awoken before 7am by people outside our sleeper apartment who were discussing the events of earlier in the morning and also the street urchins that manage to drift into our compound at the most ungodly of hours. The slingshot would be a good deterrent, but I fear the reprocussions of it's use would not be good for me so it shall remain an unanswered threat... the buckets of water are by far less harmfull and still get the point across.

Nora and I will leave about 9 or so and go to Dept of Immigration to see if the paperwork is yet approved for my change of visa status... that will cost an arm and leg and part of my old torso I am sure....

We have no internet this morning, I don't know why, the wifi connection is very good but just cannot connect to the internet servers. Technology I love, but that of which is demonstrated in our experience with Globe leaves something to be desired.

I must get ready to leave now so will pick this up a little later in the day...

••• We went to immigration and were there about 1 hour in which time Nora managed to find out that my application was approved and should be ready for pickup on the 21st which will be nice if it precludes me having to renew my Visa for 3 months... it should now be a Non-immigrant visa (by virtue of marriage) and good for 1 year).

She also told me that Marisole texted her and told her that she was only going to pay me 1,500p of the 2,000p she borrowed and would pay the remaining 500p when we got to Basud... a broken promise is not good in money matters and she will find that out the next time she comes to me for money...

Ana, Alex's wife asked to borrow 4,000p from me tonight with the understanding that she will repay it on Monday... she has borrowed before and been late in repaying but she promised so we shall see how that all fares out.

We stopped at the supermarket in Manila and Nora did some shopping for groceries and kitchen items etc... I am not sure how much she spent, because I gave her 500p to compensate for the trips to immigration that she has made in my behalf and also she bought lunch which for me consisted of french fries and iced tea, she on the other hand had chicken and spaghetti and a coke. I don't begrudge buying her lunch, but that girl is always eating... her metabolism must run at 150% of mine, she absolutely radiates heat, and heat is energy so she must metabolize her food very very quickly.

Enough for today, I look forward to bed tonight... last night was to say the least, disruptive.

From denny's iPad... (my demented mind)

No comments: