Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back on Track and a smile... these are good signs for Kenneth

Jan 26, 2011

Well yesterday's trip to the college was quite positive and we were able to turn Kenneth around and convince him that going to school was in his best interest and the change in his personality was nothing short of remarkable... he is smiling now and back to the happy boy he was before... I think that he just found himself in a corner of despair and didn't know how to get out of it... sometimes that happens to us and it is a lot like trying to go to the corner in a round room... But now it seems that all is much better and direction has been found and a path to follow has emerged... Thank you God for the guidance and help in making this possible.

The remainder of the day was pretty quiet. Nora, off to Manila and me back home here to the apartment. We did stop at Shakeys and ordered a couple of super shakes to go... when they were delivered to us they had used four containers because they didn't have any large ones left... I tell ya, it is amazing sometimes the things they do.

We smiled last night... it is always good to smile. We slept quite good, 'cept that Nora has had a headache for the last day that plagues her still a little this morning. They are not fun and the only good thing about them is when they leave us.

I will go to the internet cafe this morning and set up and print out an appointment for the US Embassy again... this time I will hopefully be able to submit the I-130 form. I will be glad when I finally come to the end of the forms trail.

We decided that Kenneth should leave his cell phone at home when he goes to school as ready access to his friends via cell could be part of what caused the original problem... especially if they are also not enchanted with school and encourage him to leave and 'Hang out'.

Have a great day friends, I will add if there is anything to add...

••• Alex just repaid the 1,000p he borrowed yesterday.... good for him. I went down to 'Pam's internet and after searching forever was able to get to the ACS Appointment scheduling area to schedule another appointment at the US Embassy.  the first time it was rejected as they said I had a pending appointment for 19 Jan which I have already been to.  Finally I got out of the USCIS area altogether and went straight to the ACS Appointment scheduler and was not only able to schedule my appointment, but also scheduled it for 31 Jan as opposed to 7 Feb... The whole system of online government help is really sucky and ambiguous to the point of making one consider suicide as the easier alternative... I hate the government regardless of the country it resides in... So, I shall go at 9am on Monday the 31st of Jan and see if I can submit my I-130 form as I was told I would be able to do...  I don't expect the trip to go without it's associated headaches... nothing is that good here.  Anyhow, I got Nora off and on the way to Manila, I reminded her to call Philips and the Manila Doctors Hospital to make whatever arrangements she could.... From denny's iPad... (my demented mind)

No comments: