Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Behavorial modifications take time and continued effort... but the reward is GREAT !!

Jan 13, 2011

Tempers are things that should be locked away in a box and the key tossed in the ocean... I often find that mine wants to get away from me and though it does not last long at all, it is strong while it is in force. Last night after going to bed we were playing a little and I got pinched and it really hurt a lot and my temper came to the surface and I acted poorly to Nora. I could see something in her eyes that really bothered me, I think she felt some degree of fear and that is the very last thing that I ever want her to feel about me. My very next project is to tame this temper thing and practice what I preach so often to others and that is to count to 10 before reacting. It was a cool evening, and I am not referring to the weather either.

This morning things are on the mend, but still I will never act like that to her again, the look in her eyes left no doubt in my mind that this was not appropriate behavior on my behalf and that it is something that cannot be allowed to happen again...I have always known that I had a temper and it comes on quickly and goes away just as fast but not before leaving its mark.

I am giving Nora Auntie's advance rent money this morning so that she can deposit it in the account for them today. It is in the amount of 8,000p and will pay us thru the month of June.

Nothing special for today, last night I asked Kenneth to stop at the Mall after school and see what the movie schedules are for Saturday afternoon... we will go early to the Mall as Nora wants to have a hot oil treatment done on her hair, it only takes a 1/2 hour and the cost is minimal at 100p.

We will then go to the movie and after that have dinner and then return home for the evening.

Lollie, I enjoyed playing the Uno game with you, don't know who the other person was who jumped in the game, but I would like to find out how to choose who is in our games rather than make them open to anyone. I haven't researched that as of yet, but maybe you also could look into it and between Gareth and you playing each other online you will be able to see how it works.

Last night, the dogs were barking about something, I don't know what but my little home made slingshot seemed to make them decide to move to a less volitable area... the New one should allow me more accuracy I hope and I want to buy some cheap marbles as ammo.

Anyway today is another start that allows me to hopefully put sauve on the wounds of yesterday and build mental barriers against any more surfacing today.. life is a challenge, learning another person is challenging and I've been challenged... I will respond in a positive manner and will purge myself of those things that are counter to what I want to become...

Perhaps more will dribble from the quill later.. we shall see.


From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

No comments: