Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hump day... Gosh I have seen plent of those since coming here...

Jan 12, 2011

Ah... fresh coffee and little kids playing not 10 feet from the open window next to your bed... what more, I ask you, could a middle aged country displaced man ask for in life??

Yesterday evening proved to mostly be quiet, after explaining to my wife that all of my earthly posessions are not hers, but rather shared items acquired over my lifetime and that they would only become 'Hers' upon my death... she likes the thought of 'Having' things that are hers, we all do I suppose... but lurking in the back of my thought machine are the wonderments of just how materialistic the basic human being really is... even without concious intent we are.

She understands, perhaps better now that I have designed my will to convey to her all that which I have toiled so diligently to acquire... I often wish that I had bought that little log cabin and lived the life of a simple unencumbered man... but then I would not be the person I am today and I most certainly would not have the lovely Nora as my betroved... I would not trade anything for what I have now.

Today is the 21st day since the approval of my change of status with the Dept of Immigration... they told Nora that it takes 3 weeks to get the iCard so anytime now would seem to fit the criteria...

Yesterday I went to the local internet cafe so that I could print out my appointment sheet for the US Embassy on the 19th... my appt is at 8:45am. I am not certain that they will help me as my questions lie in the processing of the I-130 form and my already approved K-1 visa package... they might send me elsewhere to get my answers... what I am hoping is that the process of getting the K-1 package approved will have already satisfied some of the requirements of the I-130 package... probably a stretch of luck I won't get though.

The box from over the pond should arrive at some time this week along with the money from RemitHome to prepay the remainder of the rent on the big apt.

Sleep was good, cool at night which makes for a more enjoyable eveniings repose.

Take care all and we will continue later.


From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

No comments: