Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Monday, dreary but new and a fresh week to spoll to our delight...

Jan 17, 2011

Sleep was good, the wind was blowing all afternoon and really picked up over the evening.

We actually had a mixed bag of emotions yesterday, we were both out of sorts, and upon reviewing, we couldn't place our fingers on why or what might have caused the feelings... it did, however put a cast over the afternoon at SM and neither of us went out of our way to be overly nice to the other. We examined the day while laying in bed but could not really acertain the cause of the "Blue" day. We all have different moods that strike us from time to time and often those remain a mysterys regarding their causes. Nora said nothing was wrong, but my imagination tends to go nuts when I don't have a concrete reason for anything... so go figure... This morning, all is well again so that is good..

We are going on the virgin experience regarding the new toaster that I bought for her yesterday at the mall, I admit that I really don't like bread fried in oil as a substitute for toast. We don't have butter or any Jelly so are using cheese spread (yuk) as a topping for the toast.

I am going to the hardware store this morning sometime and see what I can conjur up as a retaining device for the new TV instead of the 3 blocks of wood I nailed to the cabinet. I have an idea, just need to see if the materials are available... nothing complex, just something a little more refined than the wood blocks.

Well, perhaps the box from Lollie and Gareth will arrive today, it is by their dates overdue at this time, but I expect that it could arrive at any time now. That will be an exciting time for this family for sure, as there were no actual "presents" given at christmas time. Seems a good way to start the christmas tradition in America... start with nothing then keep control and avoid the extravaganza that Americans have come to expect over that most wonderful of all holidays.

Nora will call immigration today again and see if the iCard might yet be ready for me to pick up... I hope it is.

Well daylight is revealing an overcast sky and only time will tell what the day will turn into...

Have a wonderful day, and a good time if you can...


From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

1 comment:

Leann said...

Good evening Denny. I hope your day is going well. I wanted to stop by and see if the flooding and rains I am reading about on line are affecting you. I hope you are all safe and dry.

Happy belated birthday!!