Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Monday... sorta blah, nothing seems interesting right now.

Feb 07, 2011

Last night, I gave Nora 1,000p and cab fare for Uncle to go and pay our electric bill.

It was warm, sleeping was OK, but not like when it is cooler.

Nothing special really after church, hung out with the family and watched the neighbor put brakes on his Jeepney... and I think of the tool I have at home... How they manage here is beyond me but somehow they do, reminds me of the ingenuity of our early forefathers... do with what you have and make do with what is missing.

It is overcast this morning, we are up at 7:00am.

Ana and Alex are tentatively to pay me today, that would enrichen my coffers by 7,500p, which would make me happy... Today, Lollie is going to try to call Melissa to let her know I've written her an email with some instructions regarding my taxes... I don't know why Melissa doesn't write me at all, I guess she hates me. Or, at the very least has very little feeling for her dear old daddy... Her loss.

I revealed a secret to Nora last night that I've never told anyone and only one other person in the world knows it besides Nora and I.

I am not in a very journalistic mood right now so hopefully this is not the end of todays entry, just for now.

••• Well, Nora is off to St. Lukes clinic and I am here looking at the new stuff that is available thru the App store... I have chosen to download two apps, one is "City Maps HD" and the other is "Weather HD" which is probably the nicest weather program I have ever seen.  It is only .99 cents and has replace my generic Apple weather program.  The other one, City Maps HD, allows you to download any of over 2,400 maps to keep on your iDevice, for the times when internet connectability is not good... I like it, I have Manila, Corvallis and Portland on mine right now. It has started to rain here so Jenny had to pull the wash she had hanging out to dry off the line, it is not a hard rain, but enough to keep the clothes wet. This morning, I nailed the black turkey a good one, made him limp for a little while.  I wouldn't bother him if he would not attack the motorcycles.  I would hate to get bitten by him. Alex borrowed my slingshot to wreak havoc on a brown dog that had stolen his slippers from the porch and deposited them on a gooey trash heap... Alex was not happy... ( I on the other hand, was happy to comply with his request !!! ) I bought Nora some Avon Skin so Soft lotion, she likes it and it costs me 230p for a bottle ($5.35) so a little over $10 bucks.

From denny's iPad... (my demented mind)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, secret, eh?????, Well I guess that is Ok. I can't help but wonder what it is though, but I am sure that I will never know. And, that's Ok.

Gareth and I really enjoyed the Super Bowl today...our team won !!!! It was an exciting game especially after the halftime, when at that point...it could have been either team.

Take care....this is short, but it is something.

Love,

L