Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chest xrays for the kids today, their last I hope...

Mar 03, 2011

My right foot, specifically the big or 'Major' toe is red and swollen from where I knicked it on something sharp on the scooter of Alex's. I thought it would be ok, but such is not usually the case with anything that happens to the right hemisphere of my body, weather it be the head, trunk or extremity... pretty much been the case all my life. I've often wondered if other folks have similar circumstances regarding any pattern to injuries or infectious accidents that occur to their person...? have you?

Yesterday afternoon passed relatively quietly, not much after I picked up Nora from the bus stop and dropped her off at the market in Divine. She did buy only 1/2 bag of rice (amazing that she actually followed my advice, I am proud of her for that).

We slept pretty good, at least, she did. My toe started hurting a bit after I thumped it a good one whilst climbing over the anti baby gate that resides across our entrance to the main apt... It has up until now continously reminded me of my aggresive behaviour towards it, I bought some Hydrogen Peroxide to swab it with and it fizzed alot so that result and the redness plus the tenderness tells me that it along with it's long ago healed cousins is infected. Nora will buy me some anti-biotic pills today and in a week it will be fine again.

Still, it seems so odd to me that 99% of the time any injuries that occur to me, happen on the right half of my body... perhaps I am half possessed with an evil being? I know my head is, in it's entirety.

Well, anyway, Nora and the children will be off to St. Lukes clinic in Manila about 8am or so, the hope and prevailing thought is that she and they will return home shortly after noon. That would be nice, even nicer if it were indeed Friday rather than Thursday as it would make for a nice long weekend.

I will walk with them to the corner of the main road where resides a small store/restrauant where I can buy a bowl of rice cereal which I will have for my breakfast as right now coffee is all we have the time for.

I will perhaps add to this journal later, btw, Alex is supposed to pay me today the 2,000p he borrowed yesterday... we shall see.

••• Alex asked me if I would like to ride with him to Mololos where he had a delivery so I and Loren and bong all rode with him, nice to get away from the house for a little while... I took my medicine once I was home and some generic tylenol for the foot.  I put peroxide on it and it bubbled again... the toe is swollen and red so I know the infection is there and it is sore also. Alex paid me the 2,000p also so now he is square with me. Nora gave me one antibiotic pill before she left this morning and will buy more of them today... it usually takes about a week for the infection to go away.

From denny's iPad... (my demented mind)

No comments: