Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Friday again, children are safe and Joyce has an exam today...

Mar 04, 2011

Well yesterday afternoon, the girls wanted to go to a birthday gathering for their cousin Mara. We gave them permission, Kiggin and Uncle were also going. Nora told Uncle and Joyce, as did I, that they needed to be home before dark and they agreed to be home by the appointed time.

As the night approached, Nora and I both were a little concerned as the girls did not show up, we eventually went to bed, still no girls and I could not connect to the internet to buy Nora a load for her phone so she could call them... There we were with no means of communication and worried sick... the night passed, but not pleasantly.

This morning, I got up, came over to the big apt and woke Kenneth and then made coffee, I reset the router and modem to no avail. I am not sure why, but the internet is not available for some reason.

The girls and Kiggen and Uncle arrived this morning about 7:15. I calmly asked the girls why they did not come home as we had agreed that they would and they revealed to us that Uncle had gotten drunk and they could not leave without him so they spent the night. Kiggen had a phone but no load so he couldn't call and didn't think to use some of the cab money to buy a load. So the lack of communication was the biggest problem, but I will tell you that Uncle will not be trusted again with the safety of our children and I have certainly lost a large amount of respect for him...

I had talked to Lollie awhile back about the differences in Nora's upbringing and the way I was structured in the military environment and how difficult it is for me to sumarily dismiss all those years (plus dad's training) of being on time and keeping ones word or promise. Here it is not afforded the same importance and an attitude of nonchalance seems to permeate everything. I hope that I learn to bend a little more and also that my family learns to import some priority in their daily routines. Together it is possible to make it all work but it will not always be an easy task...

Enjoy your day...

From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

No comments: