Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Repair of the iron and stubborn Pinays...

Mar 18, 2011

The evening was quiet, nothing unusual happened, I went to the sleeper room about 7:45 to bathe and then read some in my iPad. Nora came about 8:45pm.

We slept pretty good, it was warmer last night but not terribly uncomfortable for me... Nora is not affected as I am by the heat so she doesn't really know what I endure here. She knows that it is not nice for me, but that is all.

Having coffee now and just thinking of how quickly the time is going now, it won't be long and I or we, whichever the case ends up being will be on the big bird headed home... finally !!!

Nora told me the iron is not working according to Joyce... I checked it out and found that the cord, where it meets the plugin was defective so I replace the end with another plugin that I had and now it works, after Kenneth used it to iron his shirt, I decided to replace the cord which is only about 3.5' long with one about 5 or 6' long... I will go to the hardware store and buy the cord and then replace it.. that will give more room to navigate the iron when doing clothes. The problem is trying to get the children and Nora not to wrap the cord so tightly around the iron, it bends it too sharply and causes the cord to weaken and then break after a time.

It is much like me trying to explain to Nora why she should leave her iPhone plugged into the charger until it is 100% charged... she doesn't grasp the fact that the type of battery the phone uses, developes a memory of the state of charge and if you continually only partially charge it, it gets to the point where it will no longer charge fully thus decreasing the useable battery life... it is no easy feat to replace the battery on an iPhone 3Gs model. better to send to Apple who charges $65 for a battery replacement.

She is very stubborn and difficult to convince of many things, I am not sure why, but once she gets something in her mind, whether it be right or wrong, it is quite the affair to change her thinking.

From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

No comments: