Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Saturday extends the journey, happiness is mine, the future awaits...

Mar 26, 2011

A low pressure area is hovering above the Norther Philippines now so there will be a change in weather, I am not sure what it will bring, but in the past it has brought rain and cooler temps. We shall see if that is the case this time.

Yesterday was a good day for the most part, I am often though reminded that I am a work in progress and at times I think the progress is going the wrong way. There are many things here and during the course of the journey that I have embarked upon that test the patience and endurance of man. Not so much in a physical way, but rather in emotional ways, frustratiing things over which one has limited or no control. Those are the things that bring to the forefront my shortcomings and the need for renewed effort to change.

There are times when I wish that my powder were damp... (in you mind, think of the advice of old time pirates who always told their crew to keep their powder dry with the threat of impending danger)... my powder is too dry sometimes, almost residing at flash point and that is not good and something that I attribute to the above mentioned times and things over which I have no or little control. I have come to believe that I am a bit of a control freak and that losing control or lacking control is a source of irritation to me. Those are also the things of which I constantly pray to God to help me change... it is a slow process... akin to changing from a lump of coal to a diamond in the rough.

Though not at all impossible, it still remains a challenge to me to form this God made lump of clay into a usable and kindly vessle of love and positive emotion. I suppose after considering that it took the better part of 67 years to become this way, it will also take a concerted and constant effort to remould it.

But in that quest I've never given up and progress has certainly been made in all areas, but there remains more, always more to be moulded and shaped into the being I envision myself to become. For those who watch on the sidelines, the changes that I attempt, pray for my success and ask God to use a bigger stick !!!

We will probably actually go to SM Mall today, again after lunch. I have nothing to purchase and thus will take with me limited funds, that seems the best way to preserve what pitiful wealth Nora has left me with (don't tell her I said that). Actually what she gets from me is gladly given.

Have a wonderful day and remember always that self improvement is a grand investment in your future...

Coffee is steaming and the day is opening like a morning lilly... I love my life and hope you love yours also.


From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was a great one to read. it is yet wonderful and amazing at the person you are evolving into. How I remember like it was yesterday that you told myself and other people that "You were who you were, and that you were too old to change. Several years have passed since those statements and just look at you today, the changes you have made and new ones to come. One should never say NEVER. I am proud of you. Fantastic insight on your part.