Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

TGIF, a weekend to celebrate the approval of the I-130

Mar 09 & 10, 2011

Well, I can tell you that the reason that I did not post on the 9th was that we had left early, about 7:30am to go to the US Embassy to find out the status of the I-130 package that I had submitted on behalf of Nora and Joyce and Kenneth. The day was good, the bus trip, we had to stand all the way almost but at least it was air conditioned.

Once in Manila, Nora had to go to the CR... that girl has the weakest kidneys of anyone I know... After that, we caught a ride in a Jeepney to the Embassy. It has moved from the old building that I went to on the 10th of February when we filed into a brand new building about a block away... boy is it ever nice compared to the other one... Be proud America, I saw the result of your tax dollars and I was pleased.

We went to the window at the Dept of Homeland Security and after a quite awhile, we saw the same man who I have worked with in the past and now he lives behind window 25. Hooray !!! the I-130 package has been approved and he told me just to wait for the letter... Nora and I were elated to say the least.

From there, on the way to St. Lukes clinic, we decided to stop at Jollibee restaurant and have some lunch as we had skipped breakfast and were starved. I had a large order of fries and Nora a plate of spaghetti and chicken (odd combination of food products I feel).

After lunch, we proceeded to St. Lukes clinic and it was nearly deserted so Nora had no wait at all and soon we were on our way again. We went to the supermarket where she purchased some things that were needed at home, no skittles this time, this market does not carry them and we forgot to stop at the local convenience store where we normally buy a bag for the ride home.

The rest of the day (we arrived home about 1:30pm was spent revelling in the knowledge that our package had been approved then about 2:30 here comes the mailman and guess what that little rascal had in his little paws... the letter of approval for all three of them one for Nora, one for Kenneth and one for Joyce... Now, I need to fill out the affidavit of support and then they can apply at the Embassy for their Visas... I thank God, to whom we both prayed that things would go smoothly for us, for the positive results of yesterdays visit.

It is now 8:18 AM and Ate Linda and Uncle Edwin got here yesterday, they attended the wake of her brother who passed on just the other day... the funeral is supposed to be Saturday I believe. It is of course good to see them but I wish it were under different circumstances for sure.

Today is Friday (again it haunts me) but there is nothing planned now, Alex cancelled the trip we were going to make. Nora and I will go to SM Mall tomorrow and I will print out the W-7 forms that need to be filled out to obtain the ITIN numbers for Nora and the kids then perhaps Alex and I will go to Angeles City to the John Boyd foundation to submit them next week one day.

I chatted for a little bit with Gareth and Lollie yesterday afternoon, they were going out for the evening so we didn't talk forever.

Last night I slept pretty good except that Nora had one of her restless nights and didn't fall asleep until late, eventually, after getting up to say hi to Ate Linda, she creeped back into bed and must have passed out.

This morning, my right ear is plugged up, cannot hear from it, I had Nora put some Hydron peroxide in it in hopes to loosen what ever is in there...

I will close now, breakfast and coffee have been taken so nothing now but lunch to go.


From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

No comments: