Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sunday, the end of 'Holy Week' here in the Philippines... interesting time.

Apr 24, 2011

Well, as I am writing this, it is 3:20am on Sunday Morning. We will attend the Mass at 4:30, as it stands now, Nora and I and Joyce... Jenny will stay home and care for the baby and Kenneth...

We left for the mall a little after lunch time, on the way to catch the Jeepney to the Mall, we encountered Jenny and the baby on the way back from the hospital pediatric Dr. Nora and Joyce stayed to talk to Jenny and I walked on up to the intersection to wait for them. about 10 minutes later they arrived.

The three of us rode a tricycle cab to Marilao where Nora was going to purchase the medicine prescribed by the Dr. for the baby and then catch up to Joyce and I at the Mall at Jollibee's.

Joyce and I continued on to the Mall and once there, I treated her and I to an ice cream cone from Dairy Queen, she had never had one before and I got her the chocolate dipped one. She seemed to really enjoy it a lot. From there, we went to Jollibee's and I had an order of fries, she had nothing as she was not hungry.

We waited there for Nora over an hour but she finally appeared and then we decided to see what restaurant Nora would like to have her birthday lunch at... She ended up choosing Max's and I must admit it is a nice place and they enjoyed their meal, I chose to have a club sandwich and some mushroom soup. The soup was really good... the sandwich lived down to my expectations. I have yet to have a good sandwich in the Philippines. We also had a picture of iced tea and that was actually good. The food was great for filipino folks, but nothing resembling what we would consider 'good' in the USA I suppose. That is only my opinion folks, each must judge by their own taste buds... But let me give a little insight... the main course of what Nora and Joyce had (joyce ommitted the main course) It consisted of vegetable soup and tripe... yep, that is what I said... TRIPE. The stomach of a water buffalo (actually I believe it says that Tripe is the second stomach... did you really want to know that much...???

After Lunch, Nora and Joyce went to "Hypermart" and did the grocery shopping whilst I waited sitting on the steps of the stairs leading to the 2nd level.(many sit there). When they finished there, they left me the bags to watch and they headed off to Watkins drugs to buy Joyce some medicine for her cold and Nora then went to "Pan de Manila" the bakery that we buy bread from when at the mall.

We then proceeded home, and I here to the Apt to do some much needed reading. No nap though...

Nora has decided not to bath this morning, I told her she smelled like a water buffalo but she seems to dispute that issue. Actually she does not have any lingering body odor, ever that I have noticed. And I must admit she is one of the cleanest people I have ever been around.

It is 3:41 AM now and she is of course laying here in the bed doing what else??? FaceBook... If you think that I jest about her being addicted, wait till you meet her. You will see.

Jenny ended up owing me 1,000p. I also gave Nora an additional 500p to help compensate for the two Pizza's that she bought for Alex's family and the boys in the back... traditional birthday here is that the birthday person gives to everyone else, just the opposite of what we do in America... I like our traditional custom better.

Have a great day, not long and we will traipse on to church to give the good Lord his due..

From denny's iPad...

No comments: