Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wednesday and the beginning of a 5 day vacation for Nora from St. Luke.

Apr 20, 2011

Well, yesterday Nora and I went to the mall, at her request, and I wanted to go also because I wanted to buy her birthday gift, which I let her pick out... two nice summer dresses so she will have something nice to wear to church. I like her choices, perhaps I will take a picture of them and post to facebook...

Sleeping was difficult because of the heat, it really never did cool off so it was uncomfortable most all the night.

At the mall, I bought us (her first) banana splits at the newly opened Dairy Queen. They have the same great soft ice cream that I came to love in the USA. Nora really liked the banana split. We then went to pick out her dresses, I bought her two of them and after that, I wanted some Jolliebee french fries so we went there.

We wandered around for about and hour or so and then decided to come back home. The ride home was miserable because of the immense traffic during 'Holy week' and people going to Divine Mercy Catholic church (which is the one we go to).

Nora shopped some at the market in Marilao before we finally made it home.

No response yet from Kenneth, I am not sure he has had the time or availability of either the iPad or iPhone to read his mail. Nora told me that his responce will likely be 'Sorry Dad' and that will be the extent of the verbal communications... I pray that we can develope a more meaningful communication over time though.

Nothing is planned for today, Nora is making some rice cereal for breakfast now.

We had a lengthy discussion about my views on religion and churches and how they interact and have become so terribly commercialized and actually corrupt in many cases... I belive in God and that Jesus saved me and the 10 commandments. What the churches add is not always in accordance with my beliefs... I also am a firm believer that Karma should be our ruling guidance... I read once in a book about witches (specifically Wiccan) witches which are not dark ones that their theory is "Do as you will if it hurts no one". Not a bad guide, too bad more people aren't Wiccans I guess.

Well "Hump" day it is, but thankfully, Nora is finished at St. Lukes clinic for the week and has a 5 day weekend so is 5 days off her DOT trips to Manila... Thanks to God for that.

Hope you all have a great day...


From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice thoughts. Forgive me for not calling you back tonight after we got home. It was about 11:30 pm and I am really tired especially because I don't think I slept that well last evening. Probably the anticipation of Ed and Bonnie coming. I tend to get hyped up over things like that.

Well, I am going to bed soon, so I hope to chat with you sometime tomorrow.

Love,

L