Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Saturday morning once again... Typhoon/Monsoon and Tornado.... DAMN what a week.

June 25, 2011

Well the trip Nora took to St. Lukes clinic was a waste of her time and efforts as it appears that it was a Manila Holiday and all the business places or rather I should say government or associated places were closed. That would not bother me too much, except it puts us yet another 3 days behind the curve...

The remainder of the day was spent walking to the little bridge on the road leading to the bus stop watching the flooded waters and the people crossing the water covered road, the water came nearly to my knees. A couple of the neighborhood guys had walked down to see the flooding creek and I had traipsed along for lack of anything else to do...

Earlier, while Nora was gone, it really got bad, extra heavy wind driven rain, Monsoon stuff... I put on an old pair of shorts and no shirt and walked around outside in it and down to the end of the lane and back... always wanted to walk in the rain during a Typhoon/monsoon so now I have done that. When I walked back to the apartment I took a bath so I would not get sick from being in the cold rain... cold is a relative term in this sense...

Our apartment that we sleep in is flooded, well, the roof leaks so bad and in so many places that the walls and the floor are constantly wet and Nora mops it up just to have it re-occur again 5 minutes later...

The (normally a creek) behind the apartments had flooded to the point that it was probably about 75 feet wide and had risen to within about a foot of flooding the factory and the apartments... then the rain let up and the water subsided to a more normal (not quite normal) level, but the threat factor had receded considerably.

Slept Ok, Nora wore sweat pants to bed, I know that she will be wearing a sweater most of the time during the fall and winter in Oregon... probably even on some summer days too...

Nothing is planned just yet for today, but the day is young still so who knows what devious little plan she might come up with...


Sent from my iPad

No comments: