Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Monday, August 1, 2011

1st day of August here and Visa day in Manila...

Today is Monday, and I woke up at about 3:30 AM this morning and text with Nora little bit and then she called me about 5:15am or so. She was going through her paperwork that she will take to the US Embassy tomorrow morning. She asked that I call her to wake her up at 3:15 AM Tuesday morning which will be about 12:15 PM today my time. I am apprehensive, hopeful, excited and nervous. This is essentially the last major step to getting her and the children over here. Providing that her visa application is approved at the interview, she will probably take the children Wednesday and go to the CFO seminar so they can have their visas stamped. After that it's just a matter of her going to the travel agency and buying the plane tickets to come here to America. Sometime this evening I expect to hear from her... I’m not sure how soon she will have the interview although I believe it will be sometime Tuesday morning between about 7:30 AM and probably noon. I was talking to some folks at McDonald’s this morning and I started this whole process back in May of 2009 it’s taken a lot longer than I thought it would, but looking back the only things that really slowed the process down was her having to go to DOT treatment for a year and then me not having filed my 2010 taxes. Other than that everything really went pretty well and I’m hoping that it will go well for her at the interview also. In a little while I’m going to go downtown to what used to be floor crafters carpeting and see if they will give me an estimate to have the carpet at mom’s house re-stretched. I hope it won’t be too expensive. It is another beautiful day outside blue sky and nice temperature. I just finished breakfast, I had a bowl of oatmeal with some brown sugar on it and a little dab of milk. It’s supposed to be heart healthy, and that’s the main reason I needed although I truly do like the taste. Well I suppose I had better get going and get my day started there’s a number of things I have to do including going to Walmart and getting some sheets and a comforter and pillows and pillow cases for Kenneth’s bed. I went down to the credit union and gave the reports to Karen and she will give them to the lady who was helping see if they can straighten out my credit report. I’m sure I will hear from them sometime later in the week. From there I went to the floor crafter place to get an idea of what time they can come out and give me an estimate on stretching the carpet at mom’s house. After that I stop by the high school to see what would be required in getting Joyce registered for school. They told me to go to the main office and ask for a packet which I will probably do tomorrow. I got home at about 9:30 AM and called Dawn from AAA cleaning and he is going to call me back and tell me when he can come and look at the carpet at mom’s house for possible cleaning and re-stretching. They should be here around 4pm tomorrow… The guy from AAA cleaning will be here maybe this afternoon, at least he said he would call me this afternoon... Just called Kurt, the plumber that Brian recommended to run the gas line under the house and over to the kitchen for the potential gas stove... I met the carpet guy at about 3 PM.at mom’s house, he looked around and ended up giving me a bid to clean the carpet is $175 for the entire house and into stretch all the carpet in the house and reattach it is $300 for a total of $475. That would put us into the house just shy of $1000 to put it into leasable/rentable condition again. I’ll see what Lollie wants to do about that. It’s another $250 dollars out of my pocket so we would both be out about $500.

No comments: